Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My SCX10

My SCX10

Ok, I don't know how much activity this thread will get, but Ill post things anyway. So as you hopefully know, I got the Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler kit for Christmas. I absolutely LOVE it. And I also love to make things. So in this thread I will post pictures of the things that I make for it as scale accessories, or actual upgrades. The first thing I will post are the snow chains I whipped up yesterday. I kid you not, it is like a night and day difference when you are trying to drive on the icey snow. I used some #16 jack chain that I got at Walmart. I got 20ft of it for 9 bucks, not a bad deal because that stuff comes in handy a lot, for me at least. And there is about 4-5 feet left over. I used 16 links for the part that is on the outside of the tire, and 4 links for the cross-members and each tire has 8 cross-members. I spent like 8 minutes on each tire. here are some pictures to look at..........

1 down, 3 to go.

2 down, 2 to go.

3 down, 1 to go.

All done

And I also made a stand for the truck to sit on and i dont need to worry about the tires going flat.
    Last edited by rcman; 02-23-2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: I forgoted how 2 spel
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

And I might as well post this while Im still on. As you know, the US has been destroyed with snow in the past month or so. And up here in Wisconsin, its no exception. Now this is my 4th or 5th plow design and its definitely the strongest, rigidist and also the heavyist (which is a problem). But since all the snow has turned into ice, I cant plow anything. I used some 22g steel and bent that into the shape I wanted. I also cut (2) 11inch pieces of 1/4in steel square tubing and screwed that onto the back to act as struts. It is all steel so it weighs like 1 pound which is a lot. It plows ok, I had to flatten the bottom to try and keep it from getting caught on everything. It bolts directly onto the chassis and I dont need to remove the bumper which I like. It just used more of the 22g steel that I cut into little strips and then bent 90 so it could mount to the chassis. Here are some pics....

I will end up making a lighter model. I just need to keep experimenting. I also want my next one to be able to go up and down and possibly left and right. But Ill save that for next winter
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

echo..........
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Nice plow dude. Good job on the build. Sorry I forgot about this forum for a while. I'll try to stay around this time lol

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

ok haha. I made a different on that is PVC pipe and it will go up/down and left/right, its a lot lighter. Just need 2 servos and a remote but im getting that for my birthday
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

So I saw this post on the rcsparks form. The post was about how to make some custom links for the scx10. I thought that was an excellent idea, so i hopped on the interweb and found out about what the prices would be. I found it would be about 13ish bucks to do all the links (suspension and steering). You couldnt even buy the all plastic links for 12 bucks. So i though why not? I didnt have any money at the time so I had to wait about 1 month to get some $$. I went to 2 different stores, HobbyTown USA and Farm and Fleet (home depot/menards will work). I bought some Traxxas Revo rod ends #5347 and (4) 1/4" aluminum tubes from Hobbytown. Then from Farm and Fleet I bought some 10-24 threaded rod, the form post said to use 8-32 but I couldnt find any. I first took the rear links off so I wouldnt mix up the fronts and rears. Then I measured from center of eye to center of eye and marked it on my work table. Then I put 2 rod ends on those marks (one on each) and figured the threaded rod would stick into the rod end about 5 threads or 3/16". Then I measured the total length of the rod and cut it. Then I put the ends on about 3/16" and measured the space between the rod ends and measured it. Lastly I cut the aluminum tube to fit that. I unscrewed one of the rod ends and put the tube on then put the rod end back on. The aluminum tube it there so the rocks wont ding up or get stuck on the threads, and cause it looks a lot better than the threaded rod. If all of that sounded confusing, its really not actually. You can follow me on instagram @rcman219 cause I posted a handful of pics on the build process. Here are some pics to make your eyes happy

sorry only 3, i thought i took more.
    ~rcman
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

lol i guess i did take more......

-Traxxas Rustler VXL

Lastly I also waterproofed my axles by stuffing them with marine grease. And for my birthday I did order some stuff for the SCX10 online, they should be here tomorrow! And there are some goodies coming in from my lhs! im super happy
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Marine grease works wonders. I learned about using it from dj medic. It stays put and that's what's up.

Like I said, I was going to try and update this with everything that I do to my SCX10. I wanted a real bumper, but theres no fun in buying 1, so I made 1! I made a front and a rear bumper. The rear bumper has a tire carrier on it. They were really easy to make and are 1000 times stronger than the soft plastic axial uses for everything.
    [/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast