Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Cheap RC for 10 year old

WTB: Cheap RC for 10 year old

I have taken my slash over to my gf's a couple times and her little brother is always obsessed with it. His mom doesn't want to buy him one since she thinks it will just end up being $$$ sitting in the garage. I offered to pay for over half, but she doesn't want to budge. She says she thinks he would be way over his head with trying to fix things and such, but I told her I'd teach him whatever and fix anything for free. I don't get it still and they aren't exactly low on cash either. Any of you have an idea why she won't budge because I'm clueless by this point.

Anyways... I was wondering if any of you guys have a rc you want to sell cheaply as in less than $120. He seems to love donuts and jumps. It can't be a car. It probably needs to be 1/10 to 1/12 scale. Brushed is fine, and I have a radio and receiver combo sitting here so you could tear that out if you want. I was hoping someone would have a really old rustler or something sitting around. A monster truck like a Stampede would be fine too.

I'm not trying to make this a sob story but help me earn some brownie points from the parents!

RCN Staffer
    Ah haha just a shameless WTB! I have an extra RC18R but it's 18th scale. An old Rusty would be perfect.

Oh my bad..I think I forgot to put "wanted" in the title. Yeah he wouldn't be too fond of a little thing. They aren't durable either from what I went through with my mini t

ZZRguy
    Duratrax Evader EXT2 $119.00, plenty of aftermarket hop up parts available. It comes RTR just add batteries.

ZZRguy
    I forgot it has a 1 year warranty on stress tech parts, for his mothers peace of mine.

RCN Staffer
    Yeah the parts warranty can't be beat with those.

Ok ecardo now that I know you're selling your mini-t I won't feel bad saying that the rc18s are just so much stronger and better handling...awd

Sent from my Galaxy S via Tapatalk
    Volt Up. Gear Down.

Team RCN - Subscribe - Youtube RC Nightmare

RCN Staffer
    By the way that was quite gentlemanly of you offering to pay for half. I hope shes worth it =]

Sent from my Galaxy S via Tapatalk
    Volt Up. Gear Down.

Team RCN - Subscribe - Youtube RC Nightmare

BSRC would you want to sell your rc18r
    Last edited by ian2; 04-29-2011 at 01:22 AM.
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

crazybearrc
    Revo 3.3 in his book of maybes?

ZZRguy
    Here is one on eBay [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/DuraTrax-DTXD32A1-Evader-EXT2-EXT-2-RTR-Truck-BLACK-New-/270740894310?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item3f 096a3266]DuraTrax DTXD32A1 Evader EXT2 EXT-2 RTR Truck BLACK New | eBay[/url]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast