Thread: Traxxas 3s brushless motor

codylk14

Traxxas 3s brushless motor

I have a Heng long rc mad truck, and I am wanting to go faster, so my thought was to get a brushless motor. Well I found one but im not sure if it will work... it says on the site that i found it on that it will fit 1/10 trucks. mine is that size... but will it make a difference if the motor is traxxas and my truck is heng long... I dont want to waste my money on something that wont work... please help me.

it will work just fine just make sure you have traxxas connectors because thats whats on the vxl-3s and yes it will make you go 6-10 mph faster depending on gearing
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

you will also need a brushless ESC, to go with a brushless motor.
    cant find much info on that truck looks like it has a 550 brushed motor. do you know how many turns it it?
    you might be able to use this, but this is a 540 size just like the traxxas [url=http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-blcombo-60a-12r-3300kv.html]Leopard 1/10 Scale Brushless System Combo w/ Brushless Motor/ESC/ Program Card 12.0R 3300KV[/url]
    but most likely you would want to use 1/8 scale setup if you can get the motor in there like this one
    [url=http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezbrposycoc11.html]EZRUN Brushless Power System Combo C2 w/ 80A ESC, 19T 3674SL Brushless Motor For 1/8 Car (Combo) for Traxxas Revo Conversion[/url]
    these are more affordable set ups, if money is no issue i would look into a 550 setup from tekin or novak those should fit fine

its not a heavy truck, the VXL combo (ESC and motor) will work fine in the truck when paired together. a bigger system (1/8 scale system) will tear your drivetrain apart.