Thread: the things pros throw away

the things pros throw away

With the 2011 Reedy Race of Champions underway at my local track, pro drivers from around the world have congregated into one small place. Tonight after packing up my stuff to head home, I was inside chatting with a couple of the NorCal guys and when I look to my left I notice a mounted touring car on top of a full garbage can. I move a couple silicone-soaked rags out of the way and dig up two full sets of said tires, two different compounds, both barely used. Better quality stuff than most average people in the hobby use. That was just at the top of the can. One can out of dozens.

Imagine all of the medium to big races that go on, across the country and around the world, onroad and off, and how much perfectly good, more than usable stuff gets literally thrown away. Even with worn offroad tires, wheels are still perfectly usable, and often inserts are still good. Yet they get thrown away.

How awesome would it be if just one company made it a policy to have their drivers dump all usable stuff into one clean bin and leave it for others to cull through & use freely. How awesome would it be if the idea caught on and became standard practice?

wow, i never thought that drivers would do that! that is a good idea
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

yep when i go to those i will bring a huge box and write on it "unwanted well everything" lol

if you even want to know you are a f****** stalker
    i completely agree with that i am shocked i might do the same thing cougar is doing
    How many r/c's do i have?
    1 Stampede Monster Mutt edition
    Empty spaces = none YET!

sidewaysray
    it is really sad that it happens. when i see this good stuff in a trash can. i pull it out and use it my self. i do get frowned on for doing it. but that is how i get some of my best tires. i am on a budget. so anything helps.