Thread: tamiya M03. round 2

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar

tamiya M03. round 2

iv had this car sense the late 1990's. it's a great car. aside from universal drive shafts and ball bearings the chassis is mechanically stock. after i wore out the stock silver can motor a friend gave me a 20 turn out of an RC10T3 RTR (that was back in about 2000). then a few years ago, do to the radio crapping out, and then loosing a king pin screw i had to park it.
    well i got sick of looking at it and decided it was time for it to make a comeback.

after getting a 2.4 gig radio for my off road truck i had a spare AM receiver floating around. so i threw it and a radio a friend gave me in it. then i robbed the steering servo out of my pan car project.

then jumped on tower to get the screws i needed.

and it's back to fully driveable again.

i may eventually upgrade the ESC to something that's lipo compatible (the current novak explorer 2 is only good for 6 cell nicd and nimh packs). or hell maybe ill just put a very very mild brushless set up in it. it already feels ballistically fast with the 20 turn in it.
    im definitely going to put a 2.4 gig receiver in it so i can use my futaba 3PL radio (i love having model memory) and maybe some sport springs. i don't think ill go to full oil filled shocks. we'll see what happens
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    well here's a running video. shot this yesterday just screwing around in my driveway
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter