Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slash

traxxasisawesome

slash

so im pretty new to the short course trucks. If i got a 2wd slash can you convert it to a 4x4 truck? Just curious

Slidin'Fox
    you probably could, but it'd be better if you just went ahead and purchased a 4X4 slash. It'll be cheeper, and you'll have less problems out of it.

vortex812
    Yeah, just save up for the 4x4 it will be worth it in the long run because you can get specific parts for that slash.

RcMcGee
    theres actually no way to convert 2x4 slash to 4x4, because the is on the back on 2wd and its the middle of the frame on 4x4. Ive wanted to do the same thing, also the whole front suspension or "clip" is different... it would be awesome if it could be done though

RcMcGee
    Does anyone know where i can get a ball bearing differential for 2wd slash that can handle brushless??

[url=http://www.rcplanet.com/MIP_Ball_Diff_Kit_Traxxas_Slash/Rustler/Stampede/V_p/MIP08116.htm]MIP08116 MIP Ball Diff Kit Traxxas Slash/Rustler/Stampede/VXL[/url]

the only way i know to convert it is to sell it and get the 4wd

MyLosiEatsYourTruck
    Quote Originally Posted by RcMcGee View Post
    Does anyone know where i can get a ball bearing differential for 2wd slash that can handle brushless??
    i had a reedy sc450 with a reedy 3300kv on 3s in m 2wd and ran tha poop out of it and it was fine forever till i broke the chassis and skid in half and left it draggn the front as it was connected with the esc to motor wires and that was it,,,it was hillarious!!! and the converting 2wd to 4wd isnt happening so this subject is dead, not possible unless you buy a new truck that is 4wd, Traxxas really did it there, they knew what they were doing on that, alll parts are different, that of course means you have to buy two trucks, hell i did, ahahha

you COULD convert it to a 4x4, but if you did it would take so much work and money that you should just buy a new 4x4

It is near impossible to convert a 2x4 slash into a 4x4 due to the fact that the only parts they share are the shocks, body, and the rear wheels on the 2wd slash.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast