Not Found

The requested URL /css/stat.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

SC10 2wd Question upgrade system?

Thread: SC10 2wd Question upgrade system?

SC10 2wd Question upgrade system?

I got a 2wd sc10 brushless all stock right now but I want to upgrade. I want to put in the Traxxas Velineon Waterproof Brushless System (link to system at the bottom) but what all do I have to change or can I just drop it in and go? Do I have to change the gearing right now its 18 p and 87 spur. If I do have to change what gear I want good speed and I will be on a 3s lipo.

Hartland, Wisconsin
    you can just drop in and go! you might want to try some smaller pinion gears, like go down by 1 or 2 teeth.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Vancouver island BC Canada
    It should be fine, all you would have to check on is your motor temps. I myself run the 3500kv Velineon motor paired with my MMM in my sc10 as a back up motor.

Do a good couple of speed runs or passes then do a motor temp check, if you need to then you can change out your pinion or your spur gear as needed. start with your pinion then move to your spur, hot = up(pinion) if cold = down(pinion) But if your changing out your spur you need to think backwards... hot = down.... cold = u

Since your going to be running with a 3s I would keep a close eye on this in the beginning just to be sure you don't burn out your esc or motor... temp I believe for the Velineon should not exceed 145 degrees, I have not looked at the chart in a while so you might want to check that heat temp for yourself.

Rule of thumb here is if you cant hold your finger on your motor for at least 3 seconds after a good run your to hot