Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First SC10 and it's a BEAST!!! Battery for brushless??

Exclamation First SC10 and it's a BEAST!!! Battery for brushless??

I just got done takin my first run with my stock SC10 2wd brushless and let me say it's awesome!! Only thing wrong with it (of course my fault) is no lipo. Running a 1500 Onynx 6c NiMh batt. Any suggestions on battery? Motor is 3300 Reedy brushless. Reply if you love this awesome truck!

Have you thought about a Gens Ace 2s 40c 5000mah lipo. Works great. I get about 30-40min of run time with my Blitz on a Sct combo, high drawing servo, fan, transponder and a recevier pack

My guy at my local hobby shop said to get a 2s Lipo but he didn't say anything else about it. What about Servos?

I have 3 trucks, 3 manufactures and run 2s 30C 5000Mah lipo in them all. No issues with toasting servos yet they are all factory spec accept tires. Lipo cutoff is the most important issue. Guess what your new ride already has it. just remember to enable it on your ESC or bye an new lipo every time you run the truck.
    slash 2wd SC, 12t brushed, proline snipers
    Sc10 2wd SC, Reedy brushless 3300kv, J concepts Goosebumps
    trooper 4wd SC, hobbieking 2030 brushless, proline calipers

Yeah I made sure to read all the manuals before runnin it. But I totally forgot that it's already setup from the factory for lipo, so I had to set it up for nimh lol. Couldn't figure out why my run-time was so short lol. It's all good now lol
    Team Associated SC10's are awesome. Nuff said...

Cool, heres a lipo recomended and a charger
    You asked for a servo ad this is what i use. Its cheap with plenty of torque for 2wd and enough torque for a 4wd. Pleanty of speed in my opinion, may not for some but for me just fine.
    [url=http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-5000-2s1p-hardcase.html]GENS ACE LIPO 5000mAh 40C 7.4V lipo battery pack ROAR approval[/url]
    [url=http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html]Thunder AC680 Professional Dual-Power LiPo Balance Charger/Discharger w/ AC Adapter for 1-6 Lipo/ 1-15 Nimh + USB to PC Software[/url]
    [url=http://www.hobbypartz.com/servo-mg996r.html]T-Pro MG996R 55G High Torque Digital Servo 10kg / .20sec[/url]

Is HobbyPartz.com a good website to get parts from? Also what is ROAR exactly? Does it have something to do with offical races or something? Thanks megarallycar for the help by the way. Any input and advice is good at this point lol
    Team Associated SC10's are awesome. Nuff said...

Yes very trusted website. Allot of people order every day. Help ful videos daily and weekly. They are also in the same wear house as nitroplanes.com, nitrorcx.com, hobbypartz.com, and some other rc sites. And roar is the big name for racing. It won't ever matter unless you plan on racing the highest pros in roar racing. It makes the rules for racing. Most of your track rules will have to do some thing with roar. Its just a nice thing to have on a battery. Any other questions feel free to post on this thread. I'll get back to you in under 24 hours. Not joking.

HobbyPartz and Gens Ace batteries rock! I've never used their servos though.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

I love HobbyPartz and my Gens Ace batteries in my SC10RS. You really can't beat them and I believe there is a sale going on right now. The Thunder AC chargers rock too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast