Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC10RS Upgrades

SC10RS Upgrades

What are the first upgrades i should do to my new SC10RS? Any lil setup tips that would help me out?

I thought the RS version of the SC10 was already supposed to be upgraded to "RaceSpec" thus the name SC10rs

I put RPM everything(NO Aluminum) , then went with the MMP 4600kv combo, rear sway bar, new tires, thicker oil in rear shocks, lighter oil in front shocks.

What are you going to be doing with your SC10rs?

The "RS" version has slight better shocks, different Diff, Hex hubs up front and water "resistant" electronics in the RTR. It still needs upgrades...

It depends what you want to do with it and where you'll be running, Don't RPM if it's a racer. Super flexy, gets sloppy on the track although it is a physical impossibility to break, therefore great for bashing I would defiantly say a RPM bumper ofr anything though!

For oil, depends what you run on. I always thicker oil up front to keep my steering response up. Thinner oil is better for bumpy, and thinker/lower ride height is better on less bumpy in general.

New tires are always a good way to start, new motor can be pricey, and like Guy said, Sway bars front and rear. They are a great handling upgrade. They keep your truck flat with more tire contact and less roll.
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTech View Post
    The "RS" version has slight better shocks, different Diff, Hex hubs up front and water "resistant" electronics in the RTR. It still needs upgrades...

It depends what you want to do with it and where you'll be running, Don't RPM if it's a racer. Super flexy, gets sloppy on the track although it is a physical impossibility to break, therefore great for bashing I would defiantly say a RPM bumper ofr anything though.
    Ahh ic, I have not seen the inside of the RS kits, as for the RPM I will disagree with you on that. On some tracks like the ones around here they have some mighty big airtime with some nasty boarders and you almost need to have the extra strength, or aqt least lost of extra parts. I went through the stock rear a-arms real quick, I landed flat on the boarder and snapped one.

I plan on racing it a couple of times a month and driving it on my track.

Who sells the roll bars for the 2wd?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTech View Post

It depends what you want to do with it and where you'll be running, Don't RPM if it's a racer. Super flexy, gets sloppy on the track although it is a physical impossibility to break, therefore great for bashing I would defiantly say a RPM bumper ofr anything though!

For oil, depends what you run on. I always thicker oil up front to keep my steering response up. Thinner oil is better for bumpy, and thinker/lower ride height is better on less bumpy in general.

New tires are always a good way to start, new motor can be pricey, and like Guy said, Sway bars front and rear. They are a great handling upgrade. They keep your truck flat with more tire contact and less roll.

I plan on racing it a couple times a month and driving on my track.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_With_RC View Post
    I thought the RS version of the SC10 was already supposed to be upgraded to "RaceSpec" thus the name SC10rs

I put RPM everything(NO Aluminum) , then went with the MMP 4600kv combo, rear sway bar, new tires, thicker oil in rear shocks, lighter oil in front shocks.

What are you going to be doing with your SC10rs?

Thanks guys for the help... this is the first forum that i actually got some help on.. Greatly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_With_RC View Post
    Ahh ic, I have not seen the inside of the RS kits, as for the RPM I will disagree with you on that. On some tracks like the ones around here they have some mighty big airtime with some nasty boarders and you almost need to have the extra strength, or aqt least lost of extra parts. I went through the stock rear a-arms real quick, I landed flat on the boarder and snapped one.
    Well yes, if you need the strength then go for it of course! I love RPM. But full out racers don't like the feel they can give, sloppy and not as sharp as the stockers. I think the best choice in this case is RPM, cheap and indestructible.....

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEBAJA View Post
    Who sells the roll bars for the 2wd?
    TONS of people

EDIT: After research there is a ridiculously large amount of rear sway bars for the 2wd... but that's just it... Rear. They don't make a Front. Which I find odd. Shows you how much I use sway bars.... Most 2wd 1/10 don't have them... makes sense I guess considering most of the weight is out back. Alright Rear sway bar then!
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

The rear sway bars for the sc10 can double as front sway bars, I personally don't use front sway bars But I have seen people use them. You do have to mod and drill your own holes and add the ball ends yourself, same with using the RPM arm for the rear I had to drill my own holes for the sway bar to attach to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast