Thread: Looking to power an SC10 4x4 Factory Kit

Looking to power an SC10 4x4 Factory Kit

I've always purchased RTRs to date, looking to do my first kit. The intended use is mostly for an indoor track being setup here in town (they are aiming it at 1/10 SC trucks, and using carpet), and some occasional outdoor bashing (nothing too rough,

The trouble I have is selecting motor ESC for it. The problem is, everything I read makes it less clear. I am currently looking at something like the Associated LRP SXX TC-Spec v.2/X-12L 4.5T Combo. It's not cheap, but seems to be a popular choice. I've played with a couple trucks with sensored motor/esc setups, and like the responsiveness, especially when doing a lot of breaking an accelerating. It seems like my sensorless stuff sometimes is unresponsive momentarily in those situations.

What's interesting is that its 4700kv. The mamba max pro SCT kit is 2400 kv. both are considered fast and high torque in this type of vehicle, how does that work?

thanks
    Shannon
    Shannon

~~~~
    Trucks at the moment: 4x4 Slash, E-Maxx 3905 (brushed), E-Maxx 3908 (brushless), Savage Flux 2350, Savage XS, Trophy Truggy Flux

I would suggest a short can motor for the sc10 4x4 becuase of it's limited space. The castle 3800kv 4 pole would be a good choice. If you want sensored you could try the tekin pro-4 motors or the Team Epic Revtech 4XS motors. For a esc i would suggest either the Mamba Max Pro, Tekin RX8, Or the Hobbywing Xerun 80amp or 150 amp esc. The hobbywing 120amp may work but i've never tried it.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition