Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: stock shock blowing apart

i ran it yesterday in my back yard and on the street, I even done some ramping and tree humping, and no blow outs the next step is stronger springs. Any sugestions? im running the stock white traxxas springs on all 4 corners the rears have 1/4" spacers but the front has no spacers. Should I put in front spacers or buy stiffer springs? i'm still happy with the rear set up, but the front bottoms out alot.

i would toss the stock traxxas springs and get some linear springs. They will make your truck handle way better and make it feel more in control. Losi makes some good springs that will fit. the rear uses 2.5 inch long springs and the front uses 2 inch springs. also the stock rustler front springs will work on the rear of the slash.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

yeah i know what you mean. on my stock slash i blow the stock caps like crazy but i might go power stroke from proline
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by xChrisx View Post
    good luck vxlHammbone..... just make sure when it's all buttoned up that the chassis does bottom out, you do not want the shocks to take all the force of the landing, or they will pop again.
    good call, i'm gonna stiffen the front shocks as soon as I get time, before I run it again. I bought my rusty vxl used and the guy had the front end setting too low, the shocks are already compressed. I will just move the shock top mount outward wich will extend the shock and lift the front end. If thats not enouph I will add a spacer to the springs. I guess I should have thought of that first, but yesterday at the LHS I saw a new rusty and the shocks were mounted further out.

RCN Staffer
    Stock plastic shocks from Traxxas are notorious for blowing caps. There's no good permanent solution to prevent it from happening again if you're bashing hard. I upgraded to Traxxas aluminum shocks branded "Big Bore" and haven't looked back. Never had a blowout, leak, or bent shock shaft for that matter.
    ian2 likes this.

BSRC thats my next step but for now they seem ok
    Last edited by vxlHammbone; 03-12-2011 at 03:41 PM.

bashed again today, lost a rear shock. I guess im gonna have to start looking for bigbore shocks,or aftermarket aluminum shocks. Wich do you guys suggest?

RCN Staffer
    If you want some solid bolt-on shocks go with traxxas big bores. I've owned mine for over a year bashing HARD with no problems. If your a mod-minded person you can use a variety of 1/8 buggy shocks.

Alos i hear the proline powerstrokes are extremly good wether racing or bashing.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

Quote Originally Posted by xChrisx View Post
    good luck vxlHammbone..... just make sure when it's all buttoned up that the chassis does bottom out, you do not want the shocks to take all the force of the landing, or they will pop again.
    I was bashing yesterday and a rear shock blew,I've just got to upgrade!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast