Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E-maxx

well. i am getting (hopefully) a big e revo (brushed) with the 775 motor in it. and then when i get the money i am going to put a chinese brushless system in it
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

yuck! Why would you do that! Just save the dough for a better Brushless...I've got the 775 from my summit laying around if you want to buy it, used like 5 times lol...

On something as big as a monster truck, definitely dont penny pinch for a brushless system. Go look up the sale/trade forums on rc tech. u can usually find someone selling a mamba monster combo at a decent price. Also amazon sells the mamba monster setups for $240. But with monsters and truggies, definitely do not get a cheap Chinese setup. those mainly work well in 1/8 scale buggies. If u do try to go cheaper, at least get a good, efficient motor like a castle, fiegao, or nue motor. U can prob skimp a bit on the esc but i wouldn't recommend it.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

go to hobbyking.com and look at the track star by turnigy... it looks really good. maybe not as powerful as a mmm but i dont need standing back flips for my 15lbs car. but how much would u sell the 775 for
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

RCN Staffer
    If you end up going the brushless route just save the money you'd spend on a HobbyKing system and put it towards a reputable name brand setup with a warranty. Monster truck systems endure the highest loads of any R/C vehicle out there. Not a good place to skimp on quality. The Mamba Monster always get tagged for it's ability to backflip a truck, but that's only if you run a 6s (22.2v) battery through it. Even Castle Creations admits the warranty goes out the window when you decide to do that. You can always run a 3s or 4s setup with tons of run time and power to boot without worrying about shattering bulkheads because you're trigger happy =].

so my stock motors on my emaxx are really loud and i pulled one out when you turn it it feels like flat spots, so i pulled the other one and the same thing.

time to replace them. either there is dirt lodged in there or the magnets are chipped
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

RCN Staffer
    Hey fkn_smurf you ran a single 540 motor on an e-maxx? Whoa man I bet she heated up! It has to have two 5XX motors or one 1/8 motor.

Good riddance though. Those old E-maxx's used weak-a$$ servo's and a terrible servo-saver.

yup if i cant get rid of it ill probably change the servo after my hand heals up. but i never had a problem with the saver.
    Thats what she said.

RCN Staffer
    What'd you do to your hand? The old servo savers were the wrapped spring type that sat right on the servo. The new ones use a cam style integrated right into the bell crank. Much more responsive with no slop

Sent from my Galaxy S via Tapatalk
    Volt Up. Gear Down.

Team RCN - Subscribe - Youtube RC Nightmare

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast