Thread: Mini slash overheating

Mini slash overheating

So I just got a 3s lipo for my mini slash and the esc and motor were super hot I was wondering if you guys had any Ideas how to keep it cool or any suggestions on what to buy Thanks

hmmm could be a setup issue with your slipper, slippers set to loose can over work the set-up causing it to over heat. Check your drive line for dirt, hair, carpet or anything that might cause friction thus making your set-up work harder to keep up to speed. Your motor might need to be rebuilt or at least lubricated(take it apart to check bearings) Lastly I would check you esc settings to see how much drag brake you have, to much can also cause heating issues with the motor always under friction of power and braking the unit.

If everything looks good/clean and your esc drag brake is normal I would install some fans and if it still happens go down to a 2cell instead, your esc might not be able to handle the 3cell batt. It's always good to check your manual for whats recommended for your batts

Thanks for the quick response,do you have any esc suggestions if it is still hot

if you're running indoors consider an esc fan as well

Swap the pinion with the extra one that came with your truck. You should gear down when you volt up.

thanks for the advice, i will do those things and i forgot to mention that i was kinda doing speed runs so that probably effected it

well before i was running a 31t pinion and i dropped it down to a 23t but its still really hot, im waiting for my fan to come in the mail but im not sure if i should put it on my motor or esc. Would it hurt my battery at all if i ran two fans???

its a 11.1 volt 1700mah if that helps

dont run 3s or gear down lol 3s is alot for those, and those things are pretty unstable, even on 2s

your gearing might be to high and dont run a 3s on it
    its way to much power on the esc and motor