Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VXL-3s Question

VXL-3s Question

I have te velineon 3500 system from Traxxas in my bandit and I haver the 6400mAh 3cell LiPo and when I run for about 5-8 minutes I only get 50% forward and 50% reverse and there is a red light that blinks not really fast but not really slow, (in the middle). I have the ESC set on Sport Mode and the LiPo is fully charged and I'm not jumping or in 2 foot tall grass and it's happened about 4 or 5 times.

Please Help

Get a different ESC, the VXL-3s sucks!

it happened to me too, mainly when I am just barely squeezing the trigger I have noticed it will cut in to low voltage mode. I turn the esc off then turn it back on again and its back to normal again

Ya that's what I do and it works fine but in another 5 minutes it happens again. I was woundering if I shoud get a fan because the heat sink also gets really hot

hmmm what gearing are you using? is the motor getting hot too? generally a hot motor and cool esc means it is over geared and a hot esc and cool motor means its under geared

the ESC and the motor are very hot to the touch and the bullet connectors are warm. I was thinking of getting the VXL 3s ESC cooling fan from traxxas and then like an integy heat sink and and fan. If that will work then give me the thumbs up.

Pinion Gear: 31 tooth
    Sper Gear: 76 tooth

Yeah thats pretty high gearing! Its normal for it to be hot with that gearing I would suggest only 3 or 4 passes with that gearing and only on flat smooth roads, 23/86 is much safer to use, I use 19/86 in my slash and have no fan, no heating issues and I run it up sand dunes for 45 minutes at a time on 2s 8000 mah packs

thanks crash for the advise! But i dont have the cash for the different gears at the moment but do u think that the fans and heat sink would help???

It would help keep it cool by a few degrees but its only a bandaid fix the real problem is the gear ratio that needs to be fixed if its left like it is the motor shall slowly cook itself to death

What would be the appropriate number of teeth per gear?
    Last edited by rcman; 04-15-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast