Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rusler alluminum hop ups vs stock vs carbon fiber

Rusler alluminum hop ups vs stock vs carbon fiber

so i got bored and couldnt figure out what project on wanted to work on, so i decided i bought about 100 bucks work of integy parts, put some bling in my ride, lol. after running it with the new parts it seems slower, went to a seven cell and there thats better, but now i have to buy more 7 cells, i tore apart one of the front corners and compared it to the stock ones, the aluminum is much heavier the the stock, so i was looking and they have carbon fiber parts, so as to not break the bank or make another bad decision are the carbon fibers lighter then stock or what, or should i just stay stock.

carbon fiber is realy light and durable, get carbon fiber, dont waste any more money on integy... but honestly, i would get rpm over carbon fiber and aluminum.. ive had rpm arms on my slash for over a year... never broken once, and if they do, rpm has a lifetime warranty, annd their stuff its fairly cheap for what it is

I agree with ^^^ RPM all the way. Even though carbon is much lighter it has to be "made" right, the fibers and how they are layered make up the strength. There are draw backs to carbon fiber thou, if it isn't "made" right it can have weak spots in it and it can be prone to peeling. There are steps in helping the peeling issue but it can happen. For the price and the warranty RPM really can't be beat.
    erevofreak96 likes this.
    Jay

[url="http://www.youtube.com/rcnightmare#p/a/u/0/DxSeXbkRtLU"]YouTube - RC Nightmare[/url] << Click & Subscribe !!

[url="http://www.rcnightmare.com/"]RC Nightmare Blog Homepage[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/rcflightschool#p/u/0/22ZYAJoNXRg]RC Flight School-RC Plane Vids[/url] << Click & Subscribe !!

I have never broken an rpm part, they are light and durable and cheap. If your worried about looks buy the blue rpm parts and do a blue theam.

i agree go rpm. carbon fiber can conduct electricity as well, not as well as aluminum but it still can so thats something you need to take into consideration. plus the rpm parts will bend and then bend back as apposed to aluminum which will just bend and you may not even notice its bent but could cause the suspension to bind or something. i have a hpi sprint2 thats almost all aluminum but its strictly a drift car so it doesnt get too beat up. i also have a losi strike with hardly any aluminum, just the hubs and steering arms for strength. aluminum has its place you just have to know where to put it

xChrisx
    I had looked into carbon for my SC10, but after talking to other rc chat sites and my local rc shop I have learned that the carbon fiber parts are lighter then anything. Where you save in weight you loose in strength(more brittle), the best thing I was told to help loose some weight is to go RPM front/rear arms and hubs/carbon fiber shock towers and batt hold down and aluminum for the bulkhead and chassis mounts. So thats what I have on my SC10 works awsome

*The aluminum on the front bulkhead balances somewhat with the rear chassis mount
    *The carbon fiber shock towers/batt strap lightens the overall weight of those without any chance of breakage
    *RPM adds the required strength to the overall truck
    *Stay clear of bead lock if you want to save weight

The only thing with this set up is you will need to put a little weight up from to further balance the rear chassis mount

beadlocks do add weight but its good weight, its as low as it gets but it may make your truck slower depending on what motor you have

5g5r5a5n5t5
    Ya there isnt one answer, it depends on the piece. Sometimes you want rpm, sometimes metal, and sometimes carbon

yea you always want to leave a cheap "break point" aluminum is sweet bling in my opinion but RPM stuff lasts longer and of course has a sick warranty. For my buggy's though where weight is an issue I like to go as CF as I can on things.

i actually like the look of carbon fiber with aluminum. its just carbon fiber is strong, but not that strong and when it breaks it take the bank with it. so as all the other people said rpm somthing and aluminum some and carbon some. a health balance is the best and the strongest
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast