Thread: MERV or pede 4x4

MERV or pede 4x4

So maybe as my next rc I am going to get either the Traxxas 1/16 Erevo VXL, or the Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL. I really like both of these trucks. I am swaying more to the MERV cause its 100 bucks less than the pede, and upgrades wont be as expensive. But i also really want the pede 4x4 because it would fit my driving style. I dont know what to get, so could you guys please tell me what I should get.

Thanks,
    rcman
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

O ya, and could you also tell me what upgrades I should get for it?
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Well I would tell you to get the stampede 4x4 because as you know I have a highly upgraded one. If you choose this than here is a list of upgrades you will need, especially if running lipo batteries.
    1- alloy bearing adaptor. This part goes on the slipper clutch. The stock part is plastic and will melt fairly quick. $5.00
    2- mip cvds for the rear. $55.00 on eBay
    3- battery expansion kit. Under $20.00. Can't remember offhand.
    Now if you decide to get a stampede 4x4 then I can email you my huge list of upgrades with prices. Let me know. Good luck.

Sent from Oser world

Depends on where you plan to drive. The MERV is a mini, this means it'll "feel" rough terrain more than the Pede, so it won't be as stable. The plus side to a MERV is it's size, you can throw it in a backpack and bring it just about anywhere. It's also the same base as all of the minis from Traxxas, this would allow you to change it up every now and then if you wanted, Revo one day, Rally the next. Both trucks can be upgraded and made damn near indestructible, you'll just have to decide if you want your fun to be 1/10 or 1/16 scale.