Thread: Summit --> Mamba Monster --> Gearing

Summit --> Mamba Monster --> Gearing

Might have a blond moment here, but i cant really find some info about this:
    The esc on my Summit is being a jerk so i figured i would change the system to a Mamba Monster one. The one from a HPI Vorza which i hvae to spare.
    Would be nice if the Summit get a bit faster than stock but not too much. The low gearing doesnt need to be faster at all. Can I gear it down with some other pinions or spur gears? Where would I get them if its possible?

The bad english comes from me being Norwegian
    If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Hi, Helene.
    The Mamba Monster will give you some more top speed without changing your gearing. I don't believe that the MM is sensored, and if you want to do any slow speed crawling or climbing, you may not like it too much. Being sensorless, the motor will "cog" or jump. It will still work, but you might find it annoying. I decided my Summit was just too slow-there's just too much flat ground where I live, so I am installing a Tekin RX8/T8 sensored combo. I'll probably post in a few days and relate my experiences!

if you even want to know you are a f****** stalker
    Quote Originally Posted by Helene View Post
    Might have a blond moment here, but i cant really find some info about this:
    The esc on my Summit is being a jerk so i figured i would change the system to a Mamba Monster one. The one from a HPI Vorza which i hvae to spare.
    Would be nice if the Summit get a bit faster than stock but not too much. The low gearing doesnt need to be faster at all. Can I gear it down with some other pinions or spur gears? Where would I get them if its possible?

The bad english comes from me being Norwegian
    idc what gearing you shuld get but if you go with a high power brushless system your diff servo's might break down so backto the origional question your lhs will have pinions and spurrs for you to mess around with
    How many r/c's do i have?
    1 Stampede Monster Mutt edition
    Empty spaces = none YET!