Thread: Revo Toast

Kcblaze

Revo Toast

Guys looking for some help here, My revo seems to be toasted. I took it out for a run today and got it pretty wet, the thing is supposed to be waterproof though. The connector where the battery plugs in is a little melted and it smelled like burning electronics.

Any idea what to test for? I don't have a lot of tools or money but need to get it fixed.

Allan
    Welcome Kcblaze!

'a little melted' huh? burning electronics smell you say? those aren't good signs...
    what happens when you try to turn it on (lights, noise, smells)? do you have a multimeter/volt meter? if so, does the battery have any juice left? do you have another battery to try?

lets see if we can figure what is still working and go from there.

Kcblaze
    I just got back from my LHS , it looks like it was just the connector thankfully, they threw a new one on for me and only charged 8 BUCKS! They told me I may want to take that battery out of rotation too in case something was wrong with it, which I will do. Thanks for the help

Allan
    Glad to hear you're back up and running again!

The revo series is awesome! Glad to here you got it fixed.

jrevoman
    if you turn it on and give it throttle and the wheels start shaking a little and it goes however fast it wants in reverse or forward then its the esc. it happend to me twice. i dont know how. how to test for this is : turn it on. turn it upside down. give it about 3/4 throttle for about two seconds. let off throttle. check for symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by jrevoman View Post
    if you turn it on and give it throttle and the wheels start shaking a little and it goes however fast it wants in reverse or forward then its the esc. it happend to me twice. i dont know how. how to test for this is : turn it on. turn it upside down. give it about 3/4 throttle for about two seconds. let off throttle. check for symptoms.
    When the wheels start to shake or "wobble" there's probably water inside of the foam of the tire. Happened to me twice.
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

well if it is the mamba it is NOT water proof unless u do it ur self. traxxas electronics are water resistant.they r not waterproof to the point of throwing it into a pool.