Thread: Best Batteries and Corresponding Charger for Traxxas Summit

Question Best Batteries and Corresponding Charger for Traxxas Summit

Hi, I am planning on buying a traxxas summit but would like to know what the best charger would be for the dual batteries and also what battery and other upgrades I should get. Also, does the Summit come with a charger?

Please reply if u view this, I've done a ton of research but I wanna know what the real rc community thinks.
    Last edited by Pyromaniac2450; 09-07-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Hmm...Best charger..I personally have an Onyx 235. I wish I would have shopped around and found one that charged multiple batteries at once. the Onyx has been very reliable and came with everything I would need to charge and battery plus it came with a balancing board which is vital with these modern Lipo batteries that we have now.
    As for batteries I don't have alot of experience but all of my Venom batteries have been good,I don't have much to compare it to but they seem,ok. I'd like to buy one Max amps battery and then a comparable knock off and see the difference's between the 2.

If you do plan on running the Lipo's, One thing I would suggest is axles. If the summit is anything like my rustler or stampede, You'll want an extra set or 2 hangin around 'cause I promise,You will be using them. I did the whole upgrade to MIP cause steel is better,stronger right? Wrong... The stock axle's flex,1 thing the MIP's do not. Needless to say it was an expensive lesson learned. Unless you don't intend to bash scoop em up if you must, But we all know that summit is gonna see some bashin'!

I hope this was some sort of help. let us know how it goes.
    You could say I'm an ADDiCT!