Thread: dual vxl summit or tekin??

mrajo98

dual vxl summit or tekin??

Hey I was wondering what would be the best brushless setup for my summit. please let me know what you think.

I am going to get the summit soon and I think that dual vxls. The Tekin has mor power than the dual vxls but its not waterproof. If you just wanted speed or jumping (not recommended but u could) then Tekin is the way to go. But If you want to do a lot more stuff then the dual vxls are the way to go (but remember that I'd you do choose the dual vxls that u won't get the same speed as the Tekin). And I'm not trying to rip on Tekin because they make some awesome motors and ESCs. But personally I would go with the dual vxl BECAUSE they are waterproof, reliable and sensor less unlike the Tekin so u don't have the sensor thingy sticking out of the ESC just waiting to get pinched, ripped or torn. I don't really know if this helps u at all but I'm just putting this out there.

~rcman
    Last edited by rcman; 04-15-2012 at 01:15 AM.

How much faster is the tekin I have no clue but I'm gonna have to say id take waterproof over speed....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiDude101?feature=mhee
    Next up is SCX10 show me what ya got
    RC trailers for sale

the dual vxl is a cool idea but the tekin is more realistic price wise
    i am the revoman

The big question is, "How fast do you want to go??"

Summit stock = 19-20mph
    Summit with a "Brushed" upgrade (Kershaw or Dewalt) 25mph and still waterproof
    Summit with the right "Brushless" setup (Dual VXL, Tekin, etc.) 35-40+mph

If you exceed much over 25mph be prepared to spend more money on wheels/tires, suspension, clutch, driveline, etc.

My 2 cents,

The Kid

If you want a waterproof brushless 1/8 scale system you could try one of the hobbywing e.s.c. They have a waterproof one that seems to work pretty good. Also any brushless unsensored motor is waterproof. I would not put the dual vxl's in the summit just because that is then many more failure points and if you don't hook something up right then you could fry your whole system.

The dual vxl is a cool idea... the thing is you have 2 esc's which i dont see as a problem, but its going to cost more... I would recomend the 1/8 mamba monster brushless system, i water proofed mine so there is no issue for me... its fast and very... that os my recommendation to you.
    i am the revoman