Thread: Traxxas 1/16 Gave Digger

Traxxas 1/16 Gave Digger

Traxxas has released a 1/16 Grave Digger monster truck that resembles the 1/10th Monster Jam Grave Digger. The 1/16 is based off of the 1/16 Revo/Slash chassis. In this case it's only 2 wheel drive! At first I thought it was stupid, but after thinking about it I like the RWD idea. It means more wheelies, more donuts, and hopefully a lot of fun. I'm sure the conversion to 4WD will be relatively inexpensive. It comes with a large brushed motor (540 I believe) so some serious power will be able to be bolted in. The bad thing is it comes with an AM radio. That's a big WTF from Traxxas.

Interestingly, it comes in a Grave Digger back pack and is rated a level one. So it seems targeted at young kids, but I want one!!!

The 1/10 Grave Digger goes for $200-$220 so hopefully this is dirt cheap. I'm not holding my breath because the Traxxas minis are overpriced.

[url]http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/7202monsterjam[/url]

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I have a mini Slash that I'm not a fan of, but I think the RWD and large monster truck tires will make this a whole new vehicle.

I saw this yesterday, along with the standard "Traxxas is just rereleasing the same truck with a different body" bitching that always comes with their new stuff. I don't get it, don't people like options? I for one think its cool and with them making it 2wd and puting cheaper electronics in it should bring down the price. I may just pick one up if the price is right. I havn't had a mini since the rc18t was new, it may just be time to give the minis another try.

I agree. People whine too much. This is a hobby of TOYS! If you don't like it, don't buy it.

$199. I dont think I would get that though. After moving to lipos I spend enough time trying to prevent my minis from doing wheelies keeping all that power on the ground aint easy.

Plus traxxas brushed motors are total crap. Fortunately you can just get a new one for $15 on amazon every few months

its around 200 but for $30 more you can get the 1/10 scale
    but the fro9nt end is alredy set up for 4 wheeld drive in the 1/16

I just don't like the Monster Jam series from Traxxas. I give them kuddos for going for a large audience (Nascar, Drag, Moster Jam, Mustang ect)

But if you're going to do a Monster Jam truck, they should have gone all out like they did the Dragster.

Tube style chassis, solid axle, 4wd.... not 2wd, independent.

As for the mini's, it really is an amazing chassis, but take the good stuff and put it in something new.

Kevin Hetmanski essentially took the suspension parts out of a Revo and put it into a custom ClodBuster. It's sick, Progressive rate solid axle. (June 2011 issue).
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

Traxxas 1/16 Grave Digger

The monster jam series from traxxas i s kind of cool becuase of the scale looks. It is 2wd and has no foam in the tires, wich is nice becuase you will have more traction in the dirt. I think it would be worth the extra $30 for the 1/10 scale. The 2wd will give it a real monster truck feel with the wheelies and doughnuts. I agree that Traxxas should hace went all out like with the NHRA series. It would just give it a better scale look. The monster jame series are rebranded stampede. Wich is a proven chassis so there will be after market parts availiable if you would want to upgrade.

A friend o mine bought the digger for his kid and converted it to 4x4 for under 60 bucks. Now the little guy can go almost anywhere my 1/16 summit will go. Not as fast ( till you add a lipo) but still a great little truck for the price.