Thread: summit wheels and tires..helllpppp

summit wheels and tires..helllpppp

Hello I need help putting some new tires on my summit. I have never owned a real rc until now. I love these tires and rim kits. But don't know if they make them for the summit size, or if there is something almost identical that i can make it work. If so how. Anywhere is the.link. Thanks and list any parts or anything may need.
    http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_ id=256

If you're new, why not leave the stock tires on there until you get the hang of it/need an upgrade?

Well I don't necessarfly need them. But the places i am going to try it out hey would be nice. Kinda just wanna get them and use them once in a while. I have had a bunch of rc's over the years but nothing this big. The diff lock sold it for me with the size. I just never messed around with the customizing them.

I'm with jeremy on this one just run it for a while, you may decide want to upgrade other stuff first.

Agreed, the stock summit tires are actually pretty great!
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

Ok thanks. That is pretty much what Im finding. Have another summit coming as well with stock tires and rims as well as pro line trenchers mounted on the black bead locks know it. Will have to break in the new one though, where i am i don't think has a specific electric motor cleaner, anything i could use as a substitute? Don't wanna ruin anything. Probably not wd40. And was gonna use 3in1 oil on motor ends, is this ok?

Got the summit. It is awesome. You are right about the tires, they are pretty good. I will say that the suspension is Verry soft. It isn't a .mp machine I wouldn't say. But Verry fun because it will climb anything. Everyone was complaining about short run times( and mine wasn't bad. I got about a half hour out of the first battery run. I have some 5000mah batteries gonna try them out today. I expect fourty or fourty five min it of them of the stock battery lasts that long.

Quote Originally Posted by berulakide View Post
    Got the summit. It is awesome. You are right about the tires, they are pretty good. I will say that the suspension is Verry soft. It isn't a .mp machine I wouldn't say. But Verry fun because it will climb anything. Everyone was complaining about short run times( and mine wasn't bad. I got about a half hour out of the first battery run. I have some 5000mah batteries gonna try them out today. I expect fourty or fourty five min it of them of the stock battery lasts that long.
    My friend has dual 4s batteries and runs them in parallel in his E-Maxx, so double the run time, as for suspension, that's a super easy and cheap fix, just get some stiffer springs!
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

Yea i could do that. I have the screw adjusted on the shocks tightened up some too wasn't sure how far to go. And what is the easiest way to get Tue grit and rap out of the driveshaft ends where they have the cv joints? Didn't know if i have to try to tear it allbapart or what. I red squirming water in there with something but still a little gritty sound a bit. And i might get the mudslinger tires and some axial deadlock for it it seems to handle stuff pretty good. Gonna be a trail ride set i think for slow running mostly. Anyone know the cheapest place to get them?