Thread: Summit or E-Revo Brushless

Summit or E-Revo Brushless

what buy ? i want car for fun SOMETIMES Bash

Well, being new take my opinion lightly, but i too debated on this. I went summit because i was going to for offroad alot and crawl a bit. That being.g said most threads justice the one you started tell of how if you want a fast car and do alot of jumps go erevo. And if you want a bit of everything with less speed and not as much a jumper but goes almost anywhere you put it go summit.
    The locking diff gear and size with waterproof got me. There is probably already a thread on here about it even. But hope this helps.

I would say the summit gets my vote, awesome piece of gear, waterproof, hi-lo range heaps of suspension travel and magic locking diffs! then to top it off with led lights and beadlock rims its a pleasure to drive at slower speeds too definately a one of a kind

For sure. Well nice to see i didn't buy junk in most popes opinion. The diff are nice too. It will jump but kinda freaks m out i am gonna break it cuz it is so heavy, but it is a beast and tough as Hell so far. Just thinking of having a bl setup to swapbout when i wanna go fast and titan when wet. Either way would by it again in a heartbeat. Pulled my kids and.my fiance across the.flooring the house with it and it had more power.to spare..lol woulda spun with the more power though.
    Last edited by berulakide; 03-06-2012 at 10:33 AM.

what is the runtime of a 1/16 summit vxl on a stock battery?and should i use a heatsink if i want to use 2 X stock batteries?

I have no idea on runtime, but from what i have reason a heating fan would be a good idea because them and the savage xs i have read both get really hot. Korea so if you use 3s lipos think though. I think if you isebthese the normal 2s it is a little better. No experience though, just what i have read alot about.

Don't use 3S lipo in the 1/16 summit. A Cooling Fan might be required if you are going for long high speed runs, but even a passive sink can help.

Mini summit may have issues with diffs and yokes so FWIW (Forewarned is warned), might look at getting a MERV and doing a lift conversion (or getting the summit and getting the rear MERV arms for it) this will prevent the yoke issue.

Diff is all dependent on how you use it and if you upgrade the tires or gear to aggresive or run lipos and drive it HARD. Lots of people complain about the MERV diff as well, and say it needs to be shimmed. Both my minis lasted 18 months without any diff issues and when I finally damaged a diff, it was because a bulkhead broke and ground out the ring spur. (But we jumped the stuffing out of it for a long time before that happened)

MERV arms will reduce wheelbase 10mm though.