Thread: traxxas durability & simplicity ????

traxxas durability & simplicity ????

I wanted a new RC and I narrowed the choice down to the rustler vxl & Slash 2wd vxl. The reason i've been looking at 2wd's is because i've already owned 4x4's and I'M FED UP WITH THEM SHAKING TO BITS!!! But I was worried the 2wd's wouldn't be versatile enough so I looked at the Stampede vxl 4x4.
    Has any one had problems with the Stampede vxl 4x4 shaking to bits, or are they usually good ???
    Also do they have metal gears ???

(I know these seem stupid questions but I just didn't want to spend 340 then it fall to bits) Cheers

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    i believe they do have metal gears.

but you have me intrigued about this "shaking to bits" thing. can you elaborate on what you mean by "shaking to bits". is it just a vibration in the car? does it just do it at high speeds or all the time? on what RC's have you had this issue with? and under what circumstances?
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

I wonder the same, might have something too loose or tight or something. Also water in he tires could be the problem. I know when my summit had the water in the wheels at high speed it wobbled like a bugger. But alot of things could happen too like worn parts like pivot balls and bearings and stuff. It shouldn't shake apart i don't think. Not a pro just using any info i think could help.
    Hope it helps.

If they were traxxas cars you had shaken to bits i really wouldn't be surprised , traxxas always disappoints in the durability department , but hey that's what company's like RPM are for , cause I still like a lot of traxxas trucks just saying though

I differ from that opinion, Traxxas makes some of the most durable products !off the shelf! out there.

It's people that try to push the envelope with the 20foot airtime out of the box because they saw it on you-tube. What people don't realize about some vid's is you never know what upgrades they have done to make their RC's jump that high or go 70mph. Then people buy them and try the things they have heard or saw and break, blaming Traxxas for crappy parts. I personally don't like Traxxas electronics's, there is the only down fall when it comes to durability IMO!

Hey guy with rc, yup that's your opinion an that's cool man but I just saying these are my personal experiences with traxxas an I've had a few of them an friends of mine too , durability sucks for me tmaxx 3.3 Revo 3.3 I wasted so much money on those two trucks man that sucked it made me so mad an I've had other traxxas too those 2 just the main ones with the most problems I had they were garbage, even Jeremy the forum owner who loves traxxas admits the first thing you do with a slash is get rpm bumpers an rpm arms all around, but I love my stampede 4x4 an my friends slash 4x4 is pretty cool too.thanks man have fun

Part of your durability issue is that you are running nitro. Electric is more reliable to start anyway. May have been a lemon too i dunno.

Traxxas has many durable vehicles. I own the Slash 2wd drive vxl and the Stampede 4x4 vxl. I have no rpm parts at all and the only part I've broken is on the Stampede and it was for hitting a real car tire at full speed.

all traxxas trucks/cars have metal gears
    my stampede hasnt shakin to bits only a couple screws came loose