Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summit reliability?

Summit reliability?

Hi chaps, I just got back from my local hobby shop after a bit of a chat with the owner about the Summit.
    I asked if I could have a look at one and he said he wont sell them anymore and urged me to stay away from them, which is a kick in the nuts for me since I have been wanting to get one for ages. His reasons were that the diffs had dramas with the servos that opperate the diff locks breaking and causing damage to the diffs.
    I have never heard of this issue so Im here asking if any summit drivers have any such problems if so what actual part is the issue and is there a stronger item to replace it with?

Hello. I read alot about the summit Awvwell as alot if other rcs and didn't find anything about the servos damaging the diff. I have the summit and bough one for my fiance as well. Havnt had any trouble yet with anything i guess, except trying to find places it won't go... Check it out for yourself but i think it is awesome.

your lhs owner sounds like a jerk. lol
    just cause its made for offroad, doesnt mean it cant hit 80mph.

yeah I had that same inkling!, well Im still leaning towards the summit the next hobby shop is 40 minutes driving distance, will go check it out, I know he sells the summits

Yea the ths is a good spot to get one. I don't have a hobby shop for hundreds of miles. So i went online. Found a good nice and git it. Joined tower and got a discount that was sixty bucks and that is how much the shipping was and i am in Canada. So if you find somewhere hat is close to you online with decent price you would do good as well. And then there is always traxxas site too.
    Go summit and you won't be disappointed unless you are looking to do twenty foot high jumps out of ye bit, it will go near anywhere i have tried it. Have fun. Oh yea and from traxxas it comes with tqi now too...

Well I went to that hobby shop up the road, pretty good selection of gear he has there, I had a good look at the summit and its certainly a quality piece of gear, the servos for the diff locks look ok and I checked the price of the transmission at $70 AU and $40 for the diffs so not bad to replace if needed. I want a white one but cant find one there, just red or blue old stock models will wait for the TQi models to come in

Order it right from traxxas wndi they have the tqi within there and they don't have a white model anymore. Just red blue green and i dunno if there is another one or not. From a kawasaki dealer you can get a kawasaki model that is the same i believe but with a cook lexan.

traxxas came out with a boss red and black body for the summit. check it out
    just cause its made for offroad, doesnt mean it cant hit 80mph.

Nah I couldn't wait I bought a second hand never used white model for $600 AU now for some upgrades!

Wow that pretty steep for a used one, is it 2.4ght at least? I know alot of older ones have the long antenna. Still a summit i guess. But on the traxxas site you could have got a brand new one for about that. On tower hobbies you coulda joined for ten bucks and got one for 579 minus about fourty bucks for being a member. So about 539. Either way you will love it. Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast