Thread: Is the Summit boring????

Is the Summit boring????

Hey guys. I was going to get a Stampede 4x4 vxl, but now i've been intrigued by the Summit because of its versertility. I like the fact it can tackle some pretty hardcore stuff with the low gear & locked diffs. But if I wanted to just do that stuff then i'd buy a full-on crawler. The reason the Summit looks good for me is because of the hight gear, wich allows it to go at a fun-ish speed. OR DOES IT????????

Can you guys please tell me, when the Summit is in high gear, is it quick enough to have fun with? (and I mean stock set-up)
    or is it just boring in the high gear?

Thanks, Matt

Hey Matt, I do not personally have one but I have seen them run and many guys who own them absolutely love them. hope this helps Make sure to watch freindofrc's review... that might help if you have not already watched it... also i believe Ultimate Rc has a review to with his thoughts... hope this all helps, good luck and happy hobbying!!

I own one and find it pretty awesome, though I addmit that a little more speed would make it perfect. I have taken it up sand dunes in high gear that I had to physically crawl up on my hands and knees, bashed it over some insane jumps at some bmx tracks and skate parks and driven it through some creek beds, rock piles, forrest trails and bush tracks and found it handles it all very easy. I am planning on fitting a Tekin RX8 and brushless combo to retain the sensored crawl ability, gain a bit of extra speed and use lipo batteries. The stock 8.4v nimh 3000mah packs only last 10 minutes per charge. The only downside of brushless is the absence of water resistance. The stock EVX-2 and Titan 775 is completey waterproof. Its great to just hose it down after a bash, guess I will be just using an air compressor and a paint brush to clean it once the brushless set up goes in

also just to clear up what is boring and what is not, is not entirey based on what model you choose, more so the environment you use it in, for example you could buy an XO-1 and run it up and down an air strip, I would gurantee it will become boring within a week. Take it to some differnt locations or try circuit, drag, gymkhanna racing etc and you wont get bored as quickly. The summit isn't a speed machine its a go anywhere do anything kind of machine built to bash crawl and have fun with how could that be boring lol

I second crashes motion for not boring. I have two and they are sweet as far as i am concerned. Only things i have had happen is the bent pushrod from running into a birch tree wide open. And had a real bad crashed jum affairs er probably about a hundred other bad ones. It flipped ij air going wilder open and crashed and rolled about a hundred feet down the Gill... Lol good way to break it in. Used it about thirty packs and haven't been easy on it and the body mount came off and i just put it back. Prey good all rounded. I would say just give a new motor or different gearing to get your speed. It has all the power you need. Good luck with whatever you get and have fun.

Had mine for last two years, a few lipos and a mamba monster, and of course some self control and this is he least boring ride u will ever have control of...

i think they are pretty fun even though i dont have one and ive seen videos were they can pull kids across the floor
    but they do have a lot of speed and it is a crawler/monster truck mix so it can do both

i thought about one for a while but then i said no because i own all the revo's(mini revo, E-revo brushless,and revo 3.3) so i figured it would handle like a revo.
    i am the revoman