Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: traxxas waterproof...

RcMcGee
    can take apart the esc without vioding the warranty? also traxxas has the GREATEST support and techs in the rc industry, their awesomeness melts faces!
    ian2 and KawasakiDude572 like this.

Shea al'Thor
    No you can't take apart the esc without voiding the warranty on a Traxxas vehicle. If you do run in water just be sure to follow the instructions in manual and be sure to oil all the screws so they don't rust. I've put my e maxx through pretty much everything; snow, mud, puddles, rain, rinsing it off with a hose, jumping off the end of a dock. I've never had any problems with it. Just be sure to care for it properly and give it lots of love and it will last forever.
    Hope this helps
    Shea
    ian2 likes this.

I put my Stampede VXL through water its still going strong.

jrevoman
    my esc got water damage twice. dont know how. i never opened it. i'd say 80% waterproof. but also all the metal (screws,tie rods,pushrods,etc.) will rust. overall 75-80% waterproof. so water resistent. there ment to be waterproof for driving through puddles not being dunked.

um well they are by no means waterproof. although water resistant. when you r done dry off all electronics. never use it with salt water. (that means in winter on the road with salt). they are not water resistant enough to throw it in a river and go though. i have a friend with an e revo and fried the esc twice because of rain. so stock puddles are fine i think but driving when its pouring probably not the best idea. the mamba is not water resistant unless u do it yourself.
    i am the revoman

Quote Originally Posted by Shea al'Thor View Post
    No you can't take apart the esc without voiding the warranty on a Traxxas vehicle. If you do run in water just be sure to follow the instructions in manual and be sure to oil all the screws so they don't rust. I've put my e maxx through pretty much everything; snow, mud, puddles, rain, rinsing it off with a hose, jumping off the end of a dock. I've never had any problems with it. Just be sure to care for it properly and give it lots of love and it will last forever.
    Hope this helps
    Shea
    boooooo go kawi aha

back to waterproof thingymahbob i recommend putting battery in a balloon with ziptie on end
    and also are there screw kits or something so they dont rust??
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiDude101?feature=mhee
    Next up is SCX10 show me what ya got
    RC trailers for sale

RCN Staffer
    Stainless or titanium screw kits won't rust.

traxxas is 100% waterproof, probably not a good idea to submerge them though

Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiDude572 View Post
    boooooo go kawi aha

back to waterproof thingymahbob i recommend putting battery in a balloon with ziptie on end
    and also are there screw kits or something so they dont rust??
    umm boo both kawi and susuki go yamaha!!! going to ride 2nd weeeknd in june in canada going to oconnor anyone wana go ride LOL jk
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

traxxas is definetly waterproof but there esc's do kinda suck. i would rather be getting the new hpi waterproof esc's because they are made by castle!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast