Thread: Brushed E-Maxx or Summit?

Brushed E-Maxx or Summit?

I want to get a new truck. I'm going to be doing backyard bashing and jumping. I want waterproof, 4x4, durable, and decent speed for a monster truck. Which would be a better choice, the Brushed E-Maxx or the Summit?

The pede 4x4 has been good to me. Motor gets hot though.

summit 100% its not quite as fast as the emaxx but it makes up for that in versatility because with the high and low gears and the locking diffs, the summit in unstoppable. Plus now with the newer version of the summit, the brushed ESC can now run 2, 2S LiPos so you will get more speed and more runtime. Also if you think that the summit is to slow then you can just upgrade the motor to the kirshaw designs motor, its faster and more powerful. Sorry for the length but the summit is the way to go ou tof those 2 choices. Hop this helps

~rcman
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

i would say summit! I am going to get one soon. the locking diffs and gear range is very nice. the emaxx is faster but the faster you crash the worse the damage

I would suggest searching You Tube for Summit and E-maxx videos running on the terrain in the style of bashing your planning on doing
    After scanning You Tube and various forums, I chose the Summit this past spring and haven't looked back. I love it for its' versatility over so many different terrains It is slower than the E-maxx but a simple brushed upgrade (I did the Dewalt) got me to 25+ mph and kept me waterproof. It is a bit more expensive initially, but it has proved very durable.

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by RcTexasAggie View Post
    I want to get a new truck. I'm going to be doing backyard bashing and jumping. I want waterproof, 4x4, durable, and decent speed for a monster truck. Which would be a better choice, the Brushed E-Maxx or the Summit?
    Get a summit I have one and it's awesome. It's just the right speed crawls jumps pulls carries durable and very waterproof... I drive mine on the bottom of my swimming pool sometimes it's entertaining. I did get clear silicone and put it around esc

Quote Originally Posted by Boston2612 View Post
    Get a summit I have one and it's awesome. It's just the right speed crawls jumps pulls carries durable and very waterproof... I drive mine on the bottom of my swimming pool sometimes it's entertaining. I did get clear silicone and put it around esc
    On the bottom of your pool! thats awesome!
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler