Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pinions for the TITAN 775 Traxxas Motor

Why wouldn't u use a dual motor setup? It's not that much extra
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

I am thinking about going brushless, teken8. or Mamba monster. I don't go anywhere that I have to worry about water proofing side of it.
    will have to see first. seen no end of folks on utube that have gone brushless , not any1 who has locally with a summit that has done it. or even if it's worth it.

there are a bunch of videos of the summit with a mamba system.
    also some vids with the Tekin system in it
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    Why wouldn't u use a dual motor setup? It's not that much extra
    The following are my 2 cents, your mileage will vary, the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of this station

Dual motors require a mount like the Kershaw designs mount. For me the mount alone causes a couple of problems, the motors are mounted higher (raising the COG). The mount also eliminates the cover for the spur gear and slipper clutch (dirt, crud you name it getting to my slipper and on my spur/pinion).

Dual motors will tax the ESC$$ and NiMh batteries$$ and definately shorten their life expectancy(not to mention run time)

Summits running that fast require better tires$$ for high speed running. (as well as different shock setups$$, springs$$, rockers$$, etc)

The torque available destroys halfshafts$$ and driveshafts$$ and slipper clutches$$.

You need a football field to truly appreciate 40+mph.

Once I've done all of that, I don't have a Summit anymore, I have an expensive E-revo with a 2 speed transmission and locking differentials (which I will tear up$$ if I forget and run it locked in high speed)

My son and I looked at the E-revo before we got the Summit. It was less expensive, but it lacked the versatility of the Summit.
    The Kid

1/10th Summit w/14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

ok so could I just buy a 700ho motor and use the stock motor mount with the stock ESC?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

would you reccomend the single 700ho motor or a single 820 motor?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    would you reccomend the single 700ho motor or a single 820 motor?
    How much is the 820?? Is it rebuildable?? the Dewalt has replaceable brushes and is cheaper (by almost half) that a 775. The 700 might be a good choice in a lighter car. I think it would be taxed to the max in something like a Summit.

But first and foremost, decide what you want, my son and I browsed YouTube and several forums. We liked what we saw and thought it suited what we wanted to do and where we wanted to play.

Again, my 2 cents.
    The Kid

The 820 is 45 bucks on kershawdesigns.com. Ikd if its rebuildable, probably isnt. I decided on the 820 once i get the summit. And i was asking u for your opinion.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

The 700HO is not much of an upgrade to the 775. The 820 sounds pretty good though. I went with the Dewalt since folks on the Traxxas Summit Forum almost always go to it when replacing the 775 when they want waterproof and brushed.
    Last edited by Mayberry Kid; 09-26-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    The Kid

the 820 is water proof but all brushed motors are waterproof, im pretty sure about that
    Last edited by rcman; 09-27-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456