Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pinions for the TITAN 775 Traxxas Motor

Pinions for the TITAN 775 Traxxas Motor

Hi ya guys,

Newbie here
    need a little help, came to own a traxxas summit 1/10th, all STOCK,
    using 5100nimha's but after using the higher ratio the batteries are somewhat rather HOT ..

I need to gear it down a little, not 100% sure where to start looking for the right pinions for it ..
    all i know they are 32DP.. are they 0.30mm on the shaft or 4mm..? or where to get them from

Please inbox me direct, as I may not remember to check back here..
    thank u in advane

Try going DOWN about 5 or 6 teeth on the pinion or going UP 5 pr 6 teeth on the sper gear.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Stock Pinion and Spur are 14p and 68s. You are right about the pitch, shaft size is 5mm. I ran the 775 with 14 teeth, and now the Dewalt with 18 teeth. Your batteries will get warm, as long as your motor or ESC are not overheating you should be OK. I know of folks running 12 tooth pinions.

The Kid

currently running 14t pinion and 68t spur.
    is that setup OK.

Stock Pinion and Spur are 14p and 68s. You are right about the pitch, shaft size is 5mm. I ran the 775 with 14 teeth, and now the Dewalt with 18 teeth. Your batteries will get warm, as long as your motor or ESC are not overheating you should be OK. I know of folks running 12 tooth pinions. What kind of running are you doing??

The Kid

P.S. I also dropped this into a PM to you

Yeah it's 14t p and 68spur checked it out earlier. took the summit out tonite batteries were still hot after running it about. motor was not as hot. esc seemed OK

ok well then maybe the batteries are a bit overkill.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by ooO CuRbY Ooo View Post
    Yeah it's 14t p and 68spur checked it out earlier. took the summit out tonite batteries were still hot after running it about. motor was not as hot. esc seemed OK
    Is the rest of your Summit stock, ie. wheels/tires?? I'll ask again, what type of running do you do??

I'm usinging 5000 Mah 8.4v NiMh myself. I climb and crawl alot, but my son bashes about. My batteries get quite warm, but I'm also running a Dewalt motor.

Are the stock batteries (3000Mah) very warm after a run?? Mine get about as hot as my 5000's do. Of course my 5000's run longer and thus get a little warmer. As far as too much battery, I would be worried about the quality of the battery rather than size. I know folks who run 8200Mah LiPo batteries with no problems. They are crawler climbers like me too though.

Everything on it is STOCK..

I mainly do flatground running.. no Jumps, or any abuse as of yet ..
    the 3000, arnt anywhere near as hot as the 5100's ..
    Sorry I must of miss read a section that you put about what sort of running i do ..

I gonna take to a local BMX Track soon,, give it some abuse.. see how it is then ..i will also do a test on crawling gearing to run flat..
    and then again on higher gear setting.. till run flat ..

ok, well thats all i can think of. maybe try and put fans and heat sinks on everything cause i did that with my car and it runs slightly slightly warm but its way way better.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast