Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First ever race!

First ever race!

I will be racing in my firt ever race today at two at local hobby store. It will be a parking lot race. I will be using my stampede 4x4. I have it set up with Gloc street tires, soft shock set-up, center diff, 19 tooth pinion, 5000mah 2s venom LIPO and the castle sct 2400kv motor. A little nervous but is should be fun!

Good Luck!
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Thanks rc man. Race was a blast. A lot of youngsters having a good time. My truck handled great. I won both five minute races. I felt bad though as I was competing against kids under 14 yrs old. I am hooked on the racing now!

o cool! where was the race? were u the oldest one there?
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

The race was at Hobby Town parking lot. I am 41 yrs old. I was not the oldest, but the dads were letting there kids drive. Before I left I had a few dads letting me know to expect some better competition next Sunday. This is such a great hobby. I just got back into rc this past April. I had a nitro rustler about 15 yrs ago. It's awesome to have the money now to do what I want. I have two new stampedes. The two and four wheel drive stampedes. I have upgraded both of them big time. Sorry I am rambling on . My wife really gets tired of listening to me talk about rc. Thanks for your interest rc man!
    jf08778 likes this.

Cool my lhs is a hobbytown in delafield Wisconsin. I'm 13 so I dont really have a main income except for cutting the grass but it really hasn't rained here in Wisconsin this summer.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Bummer dude. No rain no grass. Bash it but don't break it!

Ya pretty much. And it's really hot so the motor gets VERY hot a lot so then I need to power it down and take it inside and let a fan blow on it for 5 minutes.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    I am 41 yrs old. I was not the oldest, but the dads were letting there kids drive. I just got back into rc this past April. I had a nitro rustler about 15 yrs ago. It's awesome to have the money now to do what I want. Sorry I am rambling on . My wife really gets tired of listening to me talk about rc. Thanks for your interest rc man!
    LOL The last car I raced was a 1st gen. Tamiya Hotshot!! Look that one up Racing was a blast, haven't done it since. My son dug out my old Tamiya Blackfoot and got it running. I told him we would find us something to build together. Ended up with a Summit instead and haven't looked back.

rc man, you sound like an old pro, Remote Control is a great hobby!!
    The Kid

1/10th Summit w/14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

Thank you! Ya I do know a lot about stuff. My next rc will hopefully be summit but I don't know when I'll get it cause it's pretty expensive.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast