Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro-line transmission

Pro-line transmission

Ok so I got the new proline transmission on my stampede two wheel drive. I recently installed a castle sct 2400 kv motor. I have run it several times with this set-up, but this time I used a 28 tooth pinion with a Turnigy 5000 mah 4s LIPO. I was going to install my phone to get some max speed data, but after two short speed runs I melted the plastic idler gear in proline trans. It's a good thing that the steel traxxas idler gear can be used in the proline trans. In the process of putting it all back together. Hopefully I will have some speed run data to share with everyone. If y'all believe me!lol

Well I got 41mph. That is with a heavy battery that does not fit all the way, my Motorola phone and a short street. It was hard to keep the front wheels on the ground. I would expect to see higher numbers on a longer street, parking lot or whatever. That 2400 kv motor takes some serious geering and battery punch to make it happy. Oh, the motor temp was 127 deg. After eight min. Of speed runs. That is just one reason why I bought this motor(lower operating temps).

cool can i see a picture of the car with the transmission???
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

You sure can rcman. Let me figure out how to do it. I am using a iPad. Any technical info on picture uploading would sure help!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    You sure can rcman. Let me figure out how to do it. I am using a iPad. Any technical info on picture uploading would sure help!
    You will need to set up some kind of online photo album. I use Photobucket. Once created, you can log into your account and upload pictures. Once they are uploaded, organize them into albums to make linking to them easier in the future. Most folks kinda want all of the pictures they share on a particular forum or site to be in the same album on photobucket. You can then share personal photos with those you give permission and not worry about stranger plundering in your personal stuff. BTW, there are several photobucket apps that work well on the iPhone/iPad devices search "Photobucket" in iTunes or browse the photobucket website once you're registered.

Hope this helps, it really opens things up on forums. Remember a picture is worth 10k works.
    The Kid

1/10th Summit w/14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

Thanks for the info. I had no clue how to add photos. Might take a couple of days before I have pictures of the p2de. I just received my hot racing front and rear shock towers. These look like some quality parts. I am in the process of installing them, and I have to go offshore tomorrow. That means I am going to work. I work in the gulf of Mexico on offshore platforms. The cool thing is my work adventure begins 0500 tomorrow morning. I will be flying in a bell 407 helicopter. These piolets are like glorified taxi cab drivers. They fly us around all day.lol. Thanks again Mayberry kid for the info!

. Ok this is my first attempt.

i cant see it. do u have a computer cause its way easier to do it on a computer.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

I do. I can shoot it to you quicker if you give me your email address.

herbstjosh219@gmail.com
    dont tell anyone els ; )
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast