Thread: What to get.

Exclamation What to get.

I want to save up for an R/C and I don't know whether to get a E-Maxx Brushless or a S-Maxx 3.3 ( I know the S-Maxx is much less but the way gas prices are going I would spend my saving on that. ) The body on the S-Maxx just looks BEAST but I love the E-Maxx Beushless' outstanding power on 6S. I also love the rims on the E-Maxx Brushless because the black chrome caught my eye. So this a technical comparison on whether to get nitro noise or electric power. What to get what to get, gosh I hate thinking. Tell me.

id go with the emaxx, just cause im only into electric at the moment. You will endup upgradiing the tires on the emaxx and then you will end up gettiing different rims. Dont look at the cosmetics, look at the internals and compare them and make your choice on that.
    Emaxx: electric, 4wd, 60+mph
    Smaxx: dont make it anymore, 2wd, nitro
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

If you are new to the hobby, then the emax would be the way to go. Nitro engines require more tuning. Nitro rcs are more messy. Nitro fuel is very flammable and dangerous. Thay do sound cool though. As far as electric brushless goes, you just can't beat the sound of one flying by you going 60 mph and not waking or disturbing the neighbors. I am strictly electric now and loving it. You do have to monitor the motor temp. Good luck making your decision. And I hope you enjoy whatever you get! Peace

o ya and you cant really get the nitro fuel smell to go away from your body
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

+1 on electric. Back in the day if you wanted speed then it was nitro or nothing. Now days with the brushless technology where it is, electric is the way to go. I miss the smell and sound of nitro, but my neighbors and the folks at the park sure like quiet better too! If there's a hobby shop nearby find out where folks bash or race. Otherwise YouTube is a good place to help you decide on what you want to go with.

My 2 centavos peace!
    The Kid

1/10th Summit w/14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods