Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The beginning of my custom " need for P2de "

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    thats still a beast Don!
    Thanks rcman. The green hornet has seen some action. I've jumped it a few times and it has had a few tumbles and lid skids. Wanting to run 4s when I have the time.

Sent from Oser world

thats crazy
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Well the green hornet is back in business. I've decided to make it a street speed runner for now. Didn't like how all the alloy was handling jumps. I've got other rcs delegated to jumping. So here is what I've got going on. New set of steel seal avid bearings. Went through transmission and put 100k diff fluid in FLM diff. Installed new spur and pinion. Went with 76 spur and 34 pinion. My biggest pinion I have is 37! Installed some JConcepts gloc street tires. Cleaned and prepped the JConcepts scalpel body that I've had sitting for several months. Going to paint body tomorrow. Not going for a great looking paint job, just going to empty out some cans I have sitting around. Still have the MMP/2400 castle system in it. The juice will be a Turnigy 4S 5000mah lipo. I have a garmin forerunner GPS to record max speeds. I am really excited to blast this thing down the street. Oh I have replaced some of the alloy parts with rpm and traxxas. Rpm front and rear shock towers, traxxas rear skid plate and strc front and rear arms (silver). I think that's it lol. Pics to follow.

Sent from Oser world

Here it is so far.

Should start painting body before the saints game at noon. WHO DAT!!!!
    Sent from Oser world

Body finished. Nothing special, no masking just done!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Almost ready. Toe and camber set.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Well it was an awesome weekend. LSU, UL and the New Orleans Saints all were victorious this weekend!

I ran the hornet this afternoon and man what a smooth, quiet, fast and strait tracking Rc it is. I am so very impressed and excited! Did encounter one major problem. The rear tires ballooning (GLOCS). Couldn't run it wide open but did have a blast at half throttle. Left tire burned off a little paint on freshly painted body. So the rear tires are currently in the toaster oven deactivating the CA glue. Once broken loose from the rims I will use some gorilla tape on the inside of the tires. Really hope this will stop the massive ballooning. If not I will then try some "O" rings on the tires. Looking forwards to running this Rc wide open throttle. Peace

Sent from Oser world

I feel like I am talking to my self, I do that anyway so here we go. The toaster oven set to 225deg for about twenty minutes worked great. Cleaned off any remaining ca glue with Dremel and a scotch pad like pad. Worked great. These tires are a pain to glue. Can only glue about a 1/4 at a time. Oh well, going to do it right the first time. Peace

Sent from Oser world

As promised it was a all day project glueing the glocs back on. They are done and should be ready for a practice run in the morning. Fingers crossed for no ballooning. Also did some structural work on the inside of body with drywall tape and shoe glue. Man I can't wait to run this thing again.running that scalpel body just gives it a whole new feeling. Good nite all.

Sent from Oser world

Test drive earlier, no ballooning from rear tires. The front of body is way to loose and flimsy and is flexing into front tires at speed. Back to the drawing board.

Sent from Oser world

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast