Thread: Time to race!

Time to race!

Im gonna be racing for the first time ever this weekend!My LHS has races in the parking lot every sunday so Im gonna give it a shot.I am gonna be racing my ERBE.I just got it a week ago and have already put some mods on.I ordered some street wheels and tires so maybe I wont come in last..lol.I still only have the stock batteries so Im sure I will get smoked but I dont care cause its still a blast Im sure.Wish me luck!

JF what is a ERBE. I am not sure what RC it is. What race are you going to. I have only gone to hobby towns race. I know big boys has a race on Sundays also. Man you will love racing. Very exhilarating. If we go to the same rac I might be able to let you use one of my lipos. I have a venom 2s5000mah that you can try.

Don, I believe it's a shortcut for
    Electric Revo Brushless Edition
    I had to figure it out too, (along with several others) on the Traxxas forums
    The Kid

1/10th Summit w/14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

Thanks Mayberry Kid! I was also pondering of the meaning of ERBE
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

Yes thanks Mayberry kid. I see a lot of abbreviations on the traxxas forums. Today's the day. Going register at one and race at two. Going to change my strategy today. Last week I nailed it from the start and at the first turn got hit and flipped or spun around. Today I will start slow so I can hopefully make the first turn cleanly. Hopefully all the other guys wreck or spin out on first turn then I can pick my line and drive throu it. Should be fun. Going to run my P4de. That's a 4x4 stampede.lol I just put some new losi ten-t shocks on it. They are bigger than the proline powerstrokes. Picture to follow.

Here are the new losi ten-t shocks with custom mounts. check out my new losi eight scale shocks in the middle. Big bores on left and prolines on right. These are going on project need for p2de.

Sent from not a iphone

Don, those look REALLY good! the way the blue ties in with the other blue, fantastic. Those are a lot bigger than the powerstrokes. were the powerstrokes good, like easy to adjust and easy to clean, would you recommend them if the losi's weren't an option?
    and is that a carbon fiber chassis or is it just a sticker?
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

Carbon fibre is a sticker. I had no problems with the powerstrokes. I also have the spring kit for them as well. I had some bad wrecks and big jumps and never bent a shaft on them. Plus they are threaded so body height is easily adjusted. I would recommend the proline over the traxxas big bores. The losi ten-t shocks were cheaper than the prolines. Got them on eBay. I did upgrade the caps, collars to aluminum and got the gold stiffer springs. Losi offers a lot of spring options. I think after upgrading the losi shocks I spent $100 total on them. The prolines are easy to clean and on there website they offer a tutorial video on filling them with oil.

Ok thanks, Ive bent my front shafts a few tiimes and bent em back, never replaced them, stll work fine. I wanted to get the big bores, but thanks to your advise, ill get the powerstrokes.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless