Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Traxxas Monster Jam Replica Series Thread

yeah i think it would have been cooler if they put this on the stampede 4x4
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

RednEcK69
    i just bought the grave digger and i really like it. ive always been a fan. its true that it is over priced due to the fact that one youre paying for the 7 cell battery and the grave digger name. since i cant afford the vxl version i went with the next best thing and i was surprised by the performance. honestly its all about what you like and what youre willing to pay. ive owned many traxxas vehicles and this and the slash are at the top of my list

have you ever owned a stampede?
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

yeah i think there a waste in my opinion i dont like em :/

grant: have u ever seen how slow they r? lol frickin slow
    and i think their pretty kool, im sure everyones tired of traxxas re-releases (god knows i am) but i mean, their are more differences, not many, but hey, why not, right? no more dumb than anything else, just traxxas tryin to be alittle more creative with their kits

they may be overpriced but they are still cool!!!
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiDude101?feature=mhee
    Next up is SCX10 show me what ya got
    RC trailers for sale

jrevoman
    cool, but need 2.4/vxl. and i like bigger scale more. so i wont be getting one. its a cool idea for monster jam fans though.

its a cool idea but i really think traxxas should have made an all new chassisand made an all new car instead of the same ol car with i different body and tires

I think the concept is great, but as most others think, it's over priced. I think they should bring out a snake bite one then when I get my stampede 4x4 I can get the snake bite body for it

Spyke555
    Well I've been looking to get back into the hobby and ended up getting one of these trucks (Maximum Destruction) to replace my first gen Tamya Blackfoot that was getting VERY long in the tooth.

Things that I appreciated on the Monster Jam truck that you don't get on a stampede:

- Higher profile monster truck tires
    - Adjustable body mounts
    - Lower stock gear ratio (16/90)
    - A front bumper that stands a chance of helping (on all but the Crusher version)

All stuff that the aftermarket can provide of course, but for $30 more than a Stampede I thought it was worth it. And yes 4x4 would have been nice, but that's more stuff to break. I also appreciate the fact that this leverages a popular chassis which has a truck load of aftermarket support options right from the start. So the sky's the limit as far as future upgrades are concerned.

I originally was looking at the slash, but wanted to re-use a custom painted Clod Buster body I've had for years. The stampede / monster jam chassis's wheel base fit this more nicely, the bigger tires were closer to the look I was looking for, and the adjustable body mounts sealed the deal.

I'm not looking to race this thing at all, just looking to have some fun at the local BMX track with my kids. My dad intruduced me to RC which turned me on to electronics, which became my career... Hopefully I can ignite a similar spark in my kids, and the Monster Jam truck defenitely looks fun enought to do just that.

Oh and I did upgrade the truck with ball bearings on all four corners right out of the box. A little under $4 per corner so defenitely worth it.

I know this thread is old, but through it needed a bit of a different perspective...
    Last edited by Spyke555; 12-29-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12