Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: slash 2wd?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4

    slash 2wd?

    I am fairly new to the hobby, had a stampede a few years ago, sold it after it broke. Now im looking to get back into it and stay in it. I have been doing research online and it seems like the 2wd slash is the best buy. Is there any known problems with the 2wd slash? I was going to get the 5803 model. That RTR model comes with everything but 8 AA for the transmitter, right? From my research, this is a good truck for the a basher, but not a racer unless you invest a lot of money in upgrades. i'm only looking for a bashing truck, and maybe race it very rarely. I have 2 local hobby shops close, so that is where I will buy it from. I just want your opinions on this truck. anything would help. thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    panama city , fl
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny1333 View Post
    I am fairly new to the hobby, had a stampede a few years ago, sold it after it broke. Now im looking to get back into it and stay in it. I have been doing research online and it seems like the 2wd slash is the best buy. Is there any known problems with the 2wd slash? I was going to get the 5803 model. That RTR model comes with everything but 8 AA for the transmitter, right? From my research, this is a good truck for the a basher, but not a racer unless you invest a lot of money in upgrades. i'm only looking for a bashing truck, and maybe race it very rarely. I have 2 local hobby shops close, so that is where I will buy it from. I just want your opinions on this truck. anything would help. thanks!
    if i was you i go with the 2.4ghz model so will nothing will mess with the radio like garage door etc and maybe buy a couple of motors too the titan 550 seem to to good but does take long to burn up so im using an hpi 15t firebolt now its a 540 motor

  3. #3
    Senior Member rcman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hartland, Wisconsin
    Posts
    832
    ya, the slash 2wd is a great buy. the slash is a proven truck and can take a beating. yes, they do come with everything but the 8 AAs for the remote. But I would highly suggest buying the 58034 slash because it comes with a 2.4GHz remote and receiver so that you wont have any frequency problems when you are driving. The stock Titan 12t 550 motor that comes with the slash is crap so I would again, highly suggest buying a HPI firebolt 15 turn motor and using that instead of the titan motor. Also the tires that come with the slash are fine, but a good set of proline tires will make a world of difference when driving, because the stock tires are hard and dont get the best of grip, but they seem to last a verrrrry long time. But ya, buy the slash.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    panama city , fl
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    ya, the slash 2wd is a great buy. the slash is a proven truck and can take a beating. yes, they do come with everything but the 8 AAs for the remote. But I would highly suggest buying the 58034 slash because it comes with a 2.4GHz remote and receiver so that you wont have any frequency problems when you are driving. The stock Titan 12t 550 motor that comes with the slash is crap so I would again, highly suggest buying a HPI firebolt 15 turn motor and using that instead of the titan motor. Also the tires that come with the slash are fine, but a good set of proline tires will make a world of difference when driving, because the stock tires are hard and dont get the best of grip, but they seem to last a verrrrry long time. But ya, buy the slash.
    im with rcman on the slash i have had many diff rcs trucks and far most the slash i liked the best

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1
    hey guys, what is your opinion on putting a mamba monster on 2wd slash? will it even fit? thanks!

  6. #6
    Senior Member rcman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hartland, Wisconsin
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcheezehead View Post
    hey guys, what is your opinion on putting a mamba monster on 2wd slash? will it even fit? thanks!
    The slash 2wd tranny is the exact same as the rustler tranny, and alot of people put mabma monsters in rustlers. So yes it would fit
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •