Thread: got my first slash

Senior Member mossycrawlerscx10's Avatar

got my first slash

So i got my first slash as a roller and i put a brushed 14t motor in it.My question is should my dynamite tazer 12t esc handle it?I ran it and the esc was pretty hot and the battery was hot enough to melt the black coating on it a bit, its a venom 5000 mah nimh.

Try reducing your gearing, the esc can handle it but the slash may be a bit heavy for a 14t motor without gearing down some. I would definitly upgrade to brushless when possible especially with a heavy vehicle like the slash.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

Quote Originally Posted by andersonwal View Post
    Try reducing your gearing, the esc can handle it but the slash may be a bit heavy for a 14t motor without gearing down some. I would definitly upgrade to brushless when possible especially with a heavy vehicle like the slash.
    Ok i'm currently running a 23 tooth pinon.I have a spare 19 tooth pinion i beleive.Money is an issue right now so i'm just trying to get by for now.

if moneys and issue i would check out the tacon motor and the turnigy 100amp esc you could go brushless for about 85$
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    if moneys and issue i would check out the tacon motor and the turnigy 100amp esc you could go brushless for about 85$
    thanks that sounds good.

that 23 is definitly way to big to be running right now unless your doing speed runs, the 19 tooth will be alot better and you should notice the car has more acceleration. also castle has thier sidewinder sct system that ive heard you can find at some places at anywhere between 90-100 bucks. I have one in my slash and it is a HUGE power boost over a brushed motor. It is definitly worth the money. If you get it, get the castle link or the field programer card also, it is a PITA to try to program the speed control using the throttle beeps.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT

that 23 is definitly way to big to be running right now unless your doing speed runs, the 19 tooth will be alot better and you should notice the car has more acceleration. also castle has thier sidewinder sct system that ive heard you can find at some places at anywhere between 90-100 bucks. I have one in my slash and it is a HUGE power boost over a brushed motor. It is definitly worth the money. If you get it, get the castle link or the field programer card also, it is a PITA to try to program the speed control using the throttle beeps.
    What would be a good battery to use with the castle system?

at least a 5000 mah nihm battery or atleast a 2s lipo battery. I use the Gens Ace 5000mah 40c battery, 36 dollars on hobbypartz.com

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT

at least a 5000 mah nihm battery or atleast a 2s lipo battery. I use the Gens Ace 5000mah 40c battery, 36 dollars on hobbypartz.com
    I'm wanting to use lipo but i gotta get a charger, thanks for the help.

you might need to check your gearing
    and it can handle the motor