Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: just got a slash 4x4 . upgrades???

cool, ill look into buying that motor mount, probably when the original breaks, any aluminum parts that you guys recommend? is the vxl really that slow? i always hear about people upgrading to MMM(way too much power) or MMP/SCT or other castle creations for more power

I would suggest getting all the aluminum bearing carriers front and rear and the steering knuckles. The only problem I have had with the vxl is that it gets really hot so you want to get a heatsink with a fan.

when is traxxas gunna come out with that heatsink already?!!? what aftermarket brands fit?

for bashing you will want a 1/8 scale motor. the 1/10 just get to hot after 10/15 minutes
    i'll run a 6000mah thru my MM2200 full out racing and it barley gets to 140 when it 80 degrees out
    bash with mm2200 and race with ballistic 550 4.5
    cant wait to see novak's sensored 1/8 scale motor

[url=http://www.teamnovak.com/products/brushless/ballistic_8/index.html]Ballistic 8 Brushless Motors[/url]

so mamba max for bashing? there are soooo many models out there and im not willing to spend over 200 on a bl system? which whould you recommend? sct? mmp? the problem w/ castle creations is that its not waterproof

yes it does have the brownout problem, i added a castle bec and have not had a problem since. i hear alot of people running the newer high voltage servos and running 2s lipo power straight to the RX

Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
    yes it does have the brownout problem, i added a castle bec and have not had a problem since. i hear alot of people running the newer high voltage servos and running 2s lipo power straight to the RX
    Brownout? Does that mean decrease in power? What does a bec do? So upgrade list:
    Kh motor mount
    And cc bl combo

twitchy steering and throttle. brown out is when the RX does not receive enough power but does not completely shutdown.
    i do agree to drive until parts break, defiantly would want a center diff
    ian2 likes this.

Do you lose connection during a brown out? Center diff ? Lol sounds like a merv so the slashes even wheelie that much? They have such small wheels and long bodies, wouldn't it require much more power than the vxl cab supply?

my vxl does wheelies on my venom 50c 2s lipos and the wheels hop up and down at top speed 63 mph is that not much power yes i do think i need to find a way to cool my motor down and suggestions on how to cool a slash vxl 2wd motor down more? pics or summary on how to do it would be helpful
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast