Thread: 2wd slash or 4wd drive slash???

2wd slash or 4wd drive slash???

I was just woundering if I should get the 2ws or the 4wd slash. I will be doing just a little bit of racing with my friends and mostly bashing. And if u guys think the 4wd then what model like the platinum, ultimate, or any others.

98whitelightnin
    Never driven the 2wd but just got a 4wd yesterday and its awesome. I have been in training mode all day and it scoots pretty good in grass and concrete. Really happy I got the brushless 4wd !

I also have the Slash 4x4 and it is just the base # 6808. Now depending what you are going to do with it will determine which type to purchase. If you will eventually upgrade everything the you might as well go with the ultimate. The base does very well on its own. I only had to replace the one side nerf bar. You can always upgrade piece by piece as your budget will allow. Maybe some one else can add to these points.
    Traxxas Slash 4x4 mostly stock with some big ass tires.
    Traxxas Stampede with a Velineon blushless system.
    Losi Highroller with a brushless system.
    Traxxas Revo 3.3

Bashing and a little bit of racing with my buddy theman25 and another friend of mine

Is this going to be your first R/C? If not, or if you dont mind getting a radio go for the platinum. You can get a flysky fs-gtb3 computer radio for $40 from hobbypartz.com and its pretty nice, that with the platinum will still be cheaper than an ultimate and the nimh battery that comes with it is not so great. Go lipo or stay on the pourch!! LOL

Oh yeah and I personally would not go with a 2WD unless you want to race at a track in the 2WD class. Bashing is way more fun with the 4WDs go-anywhere attitude. LOL

whiteboyM200
    4WD if offroading Anfd will be somewhat crawling 2d if you just want to bash

4wd because you get better traction and the ultimate because it already has aluminum parts and comes with a battery
    the platinum doesnt come with a battery,radio, or reciever

NOOB here bought the 6808 and with in a month bought everything that comes on the platinum. No regrets one bit. For a first time ever rc buyer best money I've ever spent as far as fun.

I race my 2wd slash, but never drove a 4x4. People say that if you do get a 2wd slash you have to upgrade to brushless and a lipo. I have raced only 1 year but, I have placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd a lot. I have used a lipo once and didn't get traction like I did with a nimh. I am going to try to be a better racer this year and get a lipo.