Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ian2

Thread: Mini E-revo Motor Problem

nikzak

Mini E-revo Motor Problem

I bought two E-revos 1/16 trucks off of Craigslist. They both worked fine. Then when I came I took one of the batteries put it to charge. When it was done I put it back it and the trucks stops working. I thought the ESC was bad so I connected the ESC to the other motor and works fine. So I know the motor is bad. Then the next day the motor goes out on the other truck. Is it a bad ESC or are the motors bad. They are the Traxxas 380 Brushed. Can I rebuild the motors or should I buy new ones?

Should I just upgrade to brushless? If I do, is the Velineon ESC (Vxl-3m) and motor (380) a good choice? How fast is it?

Thanks

Brushless motors are sorry. The velineon in the MERV can literally make it do standing backflips. Check it out on youtube. I suggest Jetlag2222' vids of it. The previous owner of the truck probably ran those motors to death. You could always just buy another $20 motor but you won't get as much fun out of it as a Velineon. One more thing, did you make sure it's not geared too high? And what batteries are you using?
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

nikzak
    I am using the regular Traxxas 1200mah Powercell's. I bought another Titan 380 motor, but how am I sure that its the ESC that is not the problem. I don't want to buy another motor just to have it go out again. The gearing is stock. The guy said that he left everything stock while using them. Also he said that he went through 6-8 charges on them. Is there any break in's that I have to do with a brushed motor? I had a nitro and those require break in's.

nikzak
    I noticed that one capacitors was not connected. Now I soldered it back and it works but it is driving REALLY slow. Is there something I can do to make it go faster or should I just install a new motor?

What is the merv I see and hear everyone talking about it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiDude101?feature=mhee
    Next up is SCX10 show me what ya got
    RC trailers for sale

the merv is a mini erevo, its 1/16th scale just a shorter way of saying mini erevo
    TheChris1696 likes this.
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

I should've figured that one out haha thanks Ian

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiDude101?feature=mhee
    Next up is SCX10 show me what ya got
    RC trailers for sale

no problem (;
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

The motors are burnt out if it's brushed. Brushless brushless brushles

its better to just replace the motor its not worth the time and it might not work