Thread: Traxxas f150 Raptor svt

ManiacticRC

Traxxas f150 Raptor svt

I got a traxxas f 150 raptor svt with the ezrun brushless system 9t motor, 19 tooth pinion and 90 tooth spur i'm running a 5000 mah 9.6v 8 cell ni mh battery pack and my motor is getting ridiculasly hot it burns you finger to the touch, so if anyone could tell me why that would be helpful. And how to fix it.

change your gearing, its likely too high, otherwise add some fans

Wow your pinion is small......The quick rundown with the heating issues of your RC motors are like this. If your motor runs to hot you have to go up teeth with your pinion or go down with your spur teeth.

Go back to a 16/87 and see your temp, each motor/esc has a heat rating it should never go passed, be sure to check in your manual for more info on that. Before you radically change you pin again start by changing you spur up a couple of teeth, then start lowering you pinion tooth size, Fans never hurt anyone(unless you put your fingers into them....lol)

I run the 5600kv castle motor with a 15 pinion and 87 spur, after about a 6min heat the motor is just on the verge of thermal shut-down, but when I run out-doors with my 16-18 pinion and 87 spur I have no issues with a good 20min run.

I agree with these guys your gearing is off the mark. guy is right on try what he says and most likely you will be good. The only thing I would add is make sure your mesh is correct after changing gears, its surprizing how much heat tight mesh can cause.

are you driving off road?
    because if you are then thats your problem
    you have to at least have a 15t pinion of lower if your driving off road