Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By p0w3rslave
  • 1 Post By Haphazzard

Thread: Best Way To Clean Traxxas Slash 4x4???

nashguy15

Best Way To Clean Traxxas Slash 4x4???

I have had my slash 4x4 for about a month now and i am new to rc cars and looking for the best/most effective way to properly clean my truck. Any help?

i just took it in the shower and showered it, and then i took the ESC and the receiver off and just cleaned it with a towel, then i sprayed the moving parts on the truck with WD 40. that is the way i do it
    nashguy15 likes this.

nashguy15
    Quote Originally Posted by p0w3rslave View Post
    i just took it in the shower and showered it, and then i took the ESC and the receiver off and just cleaned it with a towel, then i sprayed the moving parts on the truck with WD 40. that is the way i do it
    thanks for the help i appreciate it.

Compressed air works well for dust if you have an air compreser or canned air. If its muddy water works well but keep in mind that while the electronics Ar waterproof the screws will rust. I like to spray down my trucks with silicone lubricant like the kind the sell at home stores for garage doors when its clean and that help protect the metal from rust and makes clean up easier.
    nashguy15 likes this.

nashguy15
    yea thanks i found that my air compressor works well to get sand off and i found some WD40 anti-corrosion/rust protector that i spray on the screws and other metals and it helps lubricate the moving parts as well thanks for the help guys!

youre welcome

i use a compressed air can for the electronics and then for the rest i use a mix of water and soap and scrub it with a tooth brush
    it get everywhere