Thread: Slash VXL 1/16 4wd

Slash VXL 1/16 4wd

Is the slash 4wd vxl 1/16 worth getting? Or should I go with the 1/10?

IMO....Slash is a slash, doesnt really matter what size you get it will be about the same. Question is would you rather jump larger obstacles and race, or are you just looking for something little and fast you can street bash or hit smaller jumps with?

I personally would pick the 1/10 over the 1/16. They both have about the same parts support and just as durable, but no one I know owns one and trying to keep up with others when I'm racing/bashing would be a pain with a smaller scale. Just like any woman will tell you "BIGGER IS BETTER".....lol

I have not driven the 1/10th scale but I think that will be next purchase.

the 1/16th really depends on your medium. Here is jersey we have lots of area that I call "hardpack" the soil has a high sand content and when the ground gets compressed it is very hard, but retains a patina of sand across the top of it, which is PERFECT for bashing the MSV. In fact it was very hard to handle at first and it was not until I watched some actually full size short course truck racing that I realized how to drive the MSV. Now it is a blast and I have more fun with it than my son's MERV.

I downgeared mine 1 pinion size (I forget off hand) and went with a 40C 2.2Ah lipo and it is AWESOME. If sticking with NiMH the stock gearing is fine and still a lot of fun, but a little harder to pull those wheel burning sliding turns that SC trucks are designed to do with a groomed surface.

For rougher terrain, I think the 1/10 scale would probably give you a lot more options for realistic driving and if you are like many that likes upgrading tires/rims the 1/10 scale is going to give you options there where there really aren't any for the MSV due its offset wheel design.

(The inner wheel diameter is larger than the outer wheel diameter to provide clearance for the hex and arm ends)

i think you should get the 1/10 scale one, cause you can get more places than the 1/16 scale one cause its bigger and its easier to work on....

Hey, might as well add my two cents. I don't own a sc but if i got one i would go bigger as these guys say because it can go more places. But if you don't need that big feel from yer truck and aren't gonna try to go places you do with 1/10 and you have course like land all around you on a tight budget go small. Really it is up to you who cares what anyone else thinks.
    on the other hand you can't expect 1/10 performance from yer 1/16 either because you will be sadly let down. So be carefull when you pick even if you have to save a bit longer to get what you really want.

go with the 1/10
    1/16 sucks
    i had the 1/16 slash revo and summit and summit was my favorite
    slash it to bouncy
    revo is hard to control
    summit is best of both worlds
    but yes go with the 1/10 slash

Quote Originally Posted by rcrexing View Post
    go with the 1/10
    1/16 sucks
    i had the 1/16 slash revo and summit and summit was my favorite
    slash it to bouncy
    revo is hard to control
    summit is best of both worlds
    but yes go with the 1/10 slash
    Why is the summit the best? how is the merv hard to control? is the merv good on the street, like for speed runs?
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

i would prefer the 1/10 scale cause it can drive on much more places then the 1/16 scale.