Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just ordered a Slash 4x4 Platinum. 1 question

just ordered a Slash 4x4 Platinum. 1 question

Hi
    I just ordered a slash 4x4 platinum and i was wondering if i can use the control and reciever that is currently on my e-revo 1/16?

And i also have 4 lipo batteries 2x 2s 2200mah and 2x 3s 1600mah. Can i use them on the Slash 4x4 also?

Yes to both questions and you had 2 questions not 1 question
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

O but you might want to upgrade to a bigger mAh rated LiPo cause the slash 4x4 is a big heavy truck, I will be getting a slash 4x4 platinum and I want to get a 5000mAh 3s LiPo
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

Yeah i have just ordered 2x Traxxas 3s 4000mah batteries I was going to buy the 3s 6400mah but they were out of stock so the 4000mah will do for now i hope.

Getting the car in the mail tomorrow and im really looking forward to se how stable the slash is to drive.
    My 1/16 e-revo is fun to drive and pretty fast, but it rolls over almost at everytime i try to turn

And yeah sry my bad that was 2 questions in the first post :P But thx for the reply

I origanly wanted to get a 5000mAh LiPo but traxxas was out of them. But ya good idea that you didnt get the 6400mAh LiPo from somewhere els because i got one of them and it is like 1lb and it has like a runtime of like 30 minutes wich is crazy. The merv looks awesome and i can see how it loves to roll over. Any time
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

Do you think it will be worth it to get a 3s 10000mah battery? From what i have heard i cannot run for more then 20min at a time with 3s lipo anyways before the systems needs to cooldown..
    I have ordered a fan for the speed regulator but i dont know if that will be able to keep the temperature down enough for longer run times...

It is probably stupid questions i am asking but this my first real truck and i dont wanna mess it up to fast

It's not a stupid question, but no don't get it
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

Heres why:
    The thing with 3s is that you can get some crazy high speed but also some crazy high temperatures. I would recommend getting a 6500mAh or less rated LiPo. Because the system will get very hot really fast.
    The thing with 2s is that you can get the crazy high mAh rated battery's and they won't get as hot.
    But if you r gonna race then you need to get a 2s cause that what's only allowed. But if you r gonna b generally bashIng then get a 3s. Therefor my final answer is get like a 5000mAh 3s LiPo cause that's what's best.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

Sorry, it's kind of hard to explain
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

I understand what you are saying thx for the replyes I think il be getting a high mah 2s lipo then. since i wanna be able to run for long periods..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast