Thread: brushless motor and esc

brushless motor and esc

Hey i was just looking at the price of a stock slash 2wd xl5 and was looking if i could find a 2wd slash roller, brushless motor, brushless esc, and a regular traxxas servo for under the original price of a 2wd slash xl5. i just need a little help finding a dependable "budget" motor and esc. the battery, servo and receiver i know what to get.

Thanks,
    Josh
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

if your lucky you can find a roller with wheels and a body for under 75
    as for motor and esc your pretty limited but i did some researching and found on hobbyking a 60amp esc for 35 and a tacon motor on hobbypartz for 25 5900kv 8t i think
    i run a tacon 9t 5000kv motor in my slash and it is really responsive. lots of punch and everything you would need from a motor. i use it for racing and come in first or second everytime

Ok thanks ill keep that in mind. I was looking to and found a combo on nitrorcx.com for 120 and its a 10 turn bl motor and a nice ESC and a programming card.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler