Thread: 2wd slash trans making noise

2wd slash trans making noise

all my gears and bearings are good,motor is good,but the trans makes a loud like squeeky noise,i re-greased everything and it still does it,the truck is only 2 months old with about 30hrs on the truck,i'm on the third motor tho,anyone else had this happen?????and i can't afford brushless until march,but as much as my brother-in-law has spent on his since he went brushless,i really don't think i can afford it

faulty bearings, bad spur/pinion gear mesh, slipper clutch is to loose or gone bad....

I had a bad squeak/squeal in what I thought was my trans but turned out it was the out put shaft bearings had gone bad.

As for the brushless upgrade, for some ppl they swear by the brushed tuned/mod motors. If you get a good brushed motor all you have to keep up on is changing out the brushes and keeping it clean and it should do you just fine for bashing or even racing.

my car squeeks sometimes and i know why. I ajusted the rear stub axle carrer to give me more ground clearence and now that ive done that, the flat, outside part of the carrier is rubbing with the inside of the rim and its rubbing with the 10 tiny little posts that make the spokes on the rims.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

if i can have your email i can send u a pic that will make more sense than words. i promise im not a creeper. im 13 yrs old in 8th grade
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

2wd slash trans making noise

thanks for the help,
    Last edited by mike f; 10-09-2012 at 05:50 PM.

any time my friend, do u want to see the picture?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL