Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traxxas slash 4x4 hard bashing upgrades

Traxxas slash 4x4 hard bashing upgrades

Hi all, I've just bought my self a slash 4x4 of the bay wich is standard appart from rpm rear bumper. Which up grades should I do before I Evan jump the slash of big jumps etc? Thanks

go all rpm, buy everything they sell for the slash. buy a better servo, dont if u want to stay waterproof. buy aluminum shocks. buy new tires, some prolines or JConcepts are excellent, up to u do pick which tread u like best.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Grab a set of Big Bore shocks, or at least aluminum caps if you can't swing the BBs. If you plan on serious air, look into the buggy shock conversions, there are a few out there. The buggy shocks will be the strongest option, but most likely the priciest as well.

like the ofna's, or losi's
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Aluminum shock caps
    RPM Arms
    That's all I can think of now!

Grab a set of MIP heavy duty CVDs. if u dont got the cash for all 4, get the rears only cause thats where most of the traction will come from
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Totally forgot about MIP's. I need to get them for my Backslash but I'm planning on asking for a Losi MRC Pro for Christmas so I will need the money to buy electronics.

Depending on what bashing you do you might want to get some Losi 8ight shocks or some Proline Powerstrokes. Both are expensive but worth it. Traxxas Big Bores are okay (I have them) but they are not truly "Big Bore." The shock body diameter is actually smaller than the Ultra shocks. You might want to go with different shock oil and different springs.

and as for shocks, does anybody have any advice on the STRC threaded shock bodies with collars? I was thinking of "building my own shocks". like buying the STRC bodies, traxxas TiNi shafts and traxxas blue caps, and some rpm rod ends. any advice would be apprecieated
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

I've heard pretty good things about the STRC shock bodies. When my Slash was in SC form I was going to get red ones but now that it's a buggy with different colors (black & green) I'm probably getting some 1/8 shocks or Proline Powerstrokes. I'm getting off topic but I think they're pretty good. If they dont work out you can always sell them on eBay. Also, instead of buying shock bodies and shock parts, buy stuff for the Rustler conversion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast