Thread: What to get for the traxxas slash ready to race short course

What to get for the traxxas slash ready to race short course

My son wants to starts racing his 4wd slash, and with christmas around the corner he wants some mods for his truck. What would you recomend to get the slash track worthy. It's bone stock now. Thanks

some new tires, ProLine's or JConcepts are just dandy. RPM iinstead of listing everything, heres a lnk to the RPM stuff: http://rpmrcproducts.com/products/traxxas/4xSlash1.htm
    Get aluminum shocks, traxxas bigbores preferably
    Get the center differental traxxas sells for the slash 4x4
    Get a new body and paint it yourself
    Get some MIP rear heavyduty driveshafts (if u got the cash, buy all 4, but if not, get the rears)
    Get a fan for the esc (traxxas sells one) and get a fan for the motor (integy makes a few with a heatsink)
    Get a new servo, the Savox SC-1267SG, i know its expensive but you wont be let down
    Get a good Gens Ace 2s LiPo
    Solder on some deans connectors to the battery and esc
    Check out YouTube for some good upgrades. how ever, NEVER buy aluminum shock towers, aarms or stuff like that cause they will either bend and not bend back, bend and break, bend and break the plastic/aluminum that they are attached to or (this will happen) the anodizing ( the color) will wear off and then it wont look so good. plus aluminum is about 2-3-4 times as much as plastic parts. sure plastic doesnt look as good, but you will be better off in the long run. Have fun with his slash!
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Brian87gt View Post
    My son wants to starts racing his 4wd slash, and with christmas around the corner he wants some mods for his truck. What would you recomend to get the slash track worthy. It's bone stock now. Thanks
    The best thing to do is, go to the track and talk to some of the other guys there, they'll be able to give tips on what tires are best for that track. You can also look into a LCG chassis, or grab one from the new Rally. Proline has their ProTrac suspension kit, it'll improve the handling a good bit over stock and really allow you to fine tune it. If it's not using the Ultimate (w/ Big Bore shocks), Proline also has the PowerStroke shocks, from what I've read, they are a great handling shock and really allow you to tune the shock. They also have people who are running buggy shocks, these will probably be the most durable but will also take a little more trial and error to get tuned right being as they are designed for the weight of 1/8 scale buggies. I'm not sure I'd run an esc or motor fan though, they're great for bashing but while racing you want to keep the weight down (I'm not 100% on this, just my logic). I agree with rcman about a better servo, RTR servos are always pretty crappy. If he's not running lipos yet, look at SPC batteries and get a lipo compatible charger.

Put a Rally Chassis on it (you need a new receiver box and stuff but it lower the center of gravity)
    New tires
    Big bores
    New springs
    Lipo's
    Fans for motor and esc
    Sway Bars
    MIP's
    Pretty much what rcman said.