Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tuning issues

hames74

tuning issues

i recently switched from gas to electric. i really like the sound and smell of nitro power and lets face it..its just plain cool. i couldnt ever seem to keep it running and stayed frustrated so you can imagine my relief at the plug and play of electric. also with brushless the sky is the limit

yea man, I had so much trouble with my t-maxx, I broke in the engine exactly how the factory specified and it just plain never ran.

bizwack
    id have to agree nitro is like a game a of chance "hey im gong to go and hopefully run my nitro today" but when i could get it to run man was it beast

Allan
    yeah, nitro engine tuning is fun when you have the time and patience to figure it out.

dogbouncer
    this makes me nervous....getting ready to jump into nitro and hoping it all goes smooth

It is nice but nitro adds a aspect of good feeling when you get a crisp set up and everything runs good. Because you know you mechanically done that. I race e also and like it but nitro is still my chart toper.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

Patience is key with nitro. Its all I run and I have been in this hobby for almost 5 years. There is a lot to learn with nitro especially with tuning and watching engine temps. I typically dont let my engine get to over 220 degrees but with my Traxxas engines they say no more than 270 degrees. Every engine is different but still take precautions. I figure if there is a nice trail of blue smoke and still goes pretty fast then I'm within a reasonable tune. All of this is part of the hobby. Temp guns are reasonably priced and well worth not taking any chances on ruining an engine by running too hot.

Traxxas Nitro Sport w/ 3.3 Racing Engine upgrade
    Losi XXX-NT w/ O.S .18 CV-R Racing Engine
    HPI Firestorm
    Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec 3.3
    Traxxas TMAXX

How much is a tept gun?

You can get a temp gun cheap maybe 20$ or more obviously , but I actually was pretty good at running an tunning nitros an had a blast doin it but yea once you get that real brushless power that's just so simple to maintain its hard to go back

Cool thanks man! I hope I have a blast when I get one!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast